TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4.6 DOHC that I am swapping into a 2000 Mazda B2500 and have been told that I need to disable the PATS in the ECM. The ECM does not have any inputs regarding the PATS that I can find? Does the signal for the PATS come through the bus signal???? The truck does not have PATS so I don't need to worry about that.

Thanx:)

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I am pretty sure that truck DOES have PATS, not sure what Mazda calls it, might be different. The key you have for it have a big fat plastic head and an obvious separate piece inserted into it?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
If you are talking the ECM with the ENGINE you are going to use, you need to be more specific as to what it came out of, what ECM you are using. If it is from the 93 Mark VIII then it doesn't have PATS.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a 4.6 DOHC that I am swapping into a 2000 Mazda B2500 and have been told that I need to disable the PATS in the ECM. The ECM does not have any inputs regarding the PATS that I can find? Does the signal for the PATS come through the bus signal???? The truck does not have PATS so I don't need to worry about that.

Thanx:)
Yes, the PAT signal comes over the bus from the instrument cluster. You can remove the PAT features in the tune. I know of at least two different PAT systems, so there may be some differences between what I am using, and what you have. I used the Sniper / Special Forces software to temporarily remove the PAT from my PCM/ECM(or what ever they are calling it now...) but I think that may be causing some issues I am currently dealing with. The car runs and drives fine, but I have a 'Keep alive power low' CEL code, the boost bypass valve solenoid never gets power, and my AC compressor won't pick up. The three issues may be unrelated, but I'll get the keys programmed into the car next week and find out. The PAT system I'm using is the later style (03 Cobra). Hope this helps.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine and ECM are from a 98 Mark VIII which I believe did have PATS and the last post I think answered my question as it does come on the bus line. A friend of mine just bought the sniper software and I planned on using one his bullets to remove it. Hopefully I won't have issues with it.

The trucks key is not a big black key as described above. From what I researched only the V6 models of this year got the PATS????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts