TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Apparently let his unidentified buddy drive his new Porsche GT around 3:30 PM on 11/30 and they lost control (presumably at a very high speed) and crashed into a tree. The car exploded and both were dead when the authorities arrived.

Sad story. RIP Paul Walker :angel2:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It's with a heavy heart that we must confirm Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident...MORE: <a href="http://t.co/9hDuJMH99M">http://t.co/9hDuJMH99M</a> - <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TeamPW&src=hash">#TeamPW</a></p>— Paul Walker (@RealPaulWalker) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealPaulWalker/statuses/406984510367350784">December 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sucks man, such a good actor. I was hoping I would see him as Agent 47 in Hitman this year. Guess its not going to happen... R.I.P.

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Wow! :eek:

Never saw any of the F&F movies.

What a shame. Just goes to show you that you've GOT to respect those exotics, or any car for that matter. They'll kill you in a heartbeat if not driven sanely (safely).

Live fast ... die young ... :zdunno:

Yes, I realize he wasn't the one driving. Damn shame for him ...

·
Registered
101 Posts
RIP Paul, you will be missed by many

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
RIP, those movies are what began my love of cars..... Gonna miss him.

·
Registered
531 Posts
My sister told me about it this afternoon. It sucks.

Years ago I remember seeing a TV show where James Dean's accident was modeled on a computer.

They found out he was going 55 MPH in the Porsche when the other driver ran the stop sign IIRC.

I am glad it was a tree they hit instead of an innocent pedestrian or vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
I saw more coverage of this on the news tonight. It showed a 45 MPH speed limit sign laying flat in the median that they took out on their way to the tree.

·
Super Moderator
10,651 Posts
Live fast ... die young ... :zdunno:

Yes, I realize he wasn't the one driving. Damn shame for him ...
Hard to get the third part of that old saying when:

My God are you sure that was a car?
...Happens on the way to part 2. (Dying young...)

This will be a closed casket service, for sure; there was no "Good-looking-Corpse" in this case.

A bit To fast & To Furious there on city streets.
That's the sad part. On the good side, at least there wasn't an innocent bystander dead.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
He was somewhat entertaining in the F&F movies. It is acting after all. Bastard got to make out with Eva Mendez!!!!

How could you not be jealous of Paul, he got to feel this up in one of them, Part II I think it was

Bastard! :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
He was somewhat entertaining in the F&F movies. It is acting after all. Bastard got to make out with Eva Mendez!!!!

How could you not be jealous of Paul, he got to feel this up in one of them, Part II I think it was

Lol you got that right! I'll quote this image so everyone can see it again... :D

I saw a quote by Paul Walker saying, "If one day the speed kills me do not cry because I was smiling." Seems like I've heard that before.. but still cool.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Nice body on her.

You know, I feel bad for the guy. He was just the passenger and the driver was probably speeding where he shouldn't have been. Hope it’s a lesson for a lot of speedsters and all drivers. If you want to go fast take it to the track and not in a school zone, residential street or highway. Could have been a lot worse with a bystander killed.

·
Super Moderator
17,043 Posts
My sister told me about it this afternoon. It sucks.

Years ago I remember seeing a TV show where James Dean's accident was modeled on a computer.

They found out he was going 55 MPH in the Porsche when the other driver ran the stop sign IIRC.

I am glad it was a tree they hit instead of an innocent pedestrian or vehicle.
Mid-engined Porsche too. So much for the rear-engined 911s being the deadliest layout.

Hey if I could make that awful Point Break knockoff and be successful I'd be happy to end it all at 40:tongue:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
From what I've heard, Paul Walker was an excellent driver and enthusiast. If he were driving the car he likely would be alive and well. It's a horrible situation all around. Just last night a young kid from my town and his girlfriend died when he flipped his Mustang into the woods. People need to start respecting their vehicles.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Fixed.

The guy driving was supposed to be a professional driver as well. Driving skill doesn't win against obstacles on and along public roads.
Absolutely I agree. Had his friend been on a track he'd probably be alive too. I'm saying walker probably has the skill to know not to drive like that on the street in the first place.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts