TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed over to pbr's about 6mnths ago. There has been a clunk noise lately I'm not sure if its just dirt in the brakes or what. When holding the brakes and turning sharply it clunks if not holding the brakes its quiet. I did not install any brake pad anti-rattle clips on the pads themselves only the middle clip which was already there. Could that be why they are making noise most likely?

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have new strut rod bushings checked them a few times. The reason I say its the brakes is it makes some noise when stopped and pressing on off the brakes lightly. I'm pretty sure its the pads not sure if it would be because of not having the anti-rattle clips or just the pads themselves are dirty.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I had that problem before... it went away

·
The Parts Guy
7,639 Posts
Check for clearance between the spindle and the caliper. The caliper will move towards the spindle when you apply the brakes. Without adequate clearance, the caliper will hit the spindle, making the noise you described.

-Rod

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im gonna check that out again pressing the brakes and looking to see what is making that noise maybe I didn't take enough meat off the caliper.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I have the same problem when braking into a turn. My strut rod bushings were changed out and everything is nice and tight. I also put in new UCAs due to broken rubber boots and had the car aligned a month ago. I'm still running stock brakes and wheels.
I basically got into a habit of slowing down enough before the turn so that I have my foot off of the brake by the time I turn the wheel. No one seems to be able to tell me what the problem is.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts