TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to installing the SS brake lines (from the group purchase a while back) on the front of my car. I already have PBR's installed. When I put the banjo bolt through the brake line and two crush washers I can only tighten them down until there is about 1/16" space left but the bolt feels tight. Upon inspecting the bolt I found that the 3-4 threads closest to the head of the bolt are flattened so I thought that I must have over-tightened them before.
It took two days to get new bolts from a local dealership. (They tried to charge me $21.73 each, but I made them take $12.50 each!) I looked at them and the same threads are flattened out so I guess my threads are okay, but the bolts still do not go all the way in. They won't go past the flattened threads.
I know that they are not hitting the piston because I pushed the piston out some and they still do the same thing.
Did anyone else have a similar problem? If so, how did you resolve it? Can I put extra crush washers in? Seems like that might not be safe, but I don't know.
Geez, this was supposed to be a couple hours of brake job/upgrades on Saturday and it's turning into a weeks long project.:bangwall: :boom:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And yes, I did do an extensive search through all eight threads in the brakes section.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay guys, I went ahead and tightened them down. They were kind of hard to turn (like when you put a nylon lock nut on a bolt) but they didn't feel like they were cross threading. When I took them back out everything looked fine and they go all the way down without resistance now.
Guess I can get my $25 back.
Thanks anyways.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts