Votes: 5 10.6%
  • other

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
They all have their pluses. If you are going to be doing a lot of graphics related stuff you go with the Mac. For gaming and other basic computer related stuff the PC. For WICKED FAST surfing use Linux.

Or have one of each. Like me. HEHEHEHE.

Christopher McConkey

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I despise microsoft because so far I have hated ever single product they make. With the exception of XP pro. Although I said that about 98 when it first came out. Also, had I paid 180 for it I would hate it too. Mac just isn't supported enough because nobody will buy them to give them money because they aren't supported enough.) Mainstream is usually the way to go. Win 2000 in really just macs os 4.0 which came out in like the 80s.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
super fast browsing with linux???? more

yeah right... we use linux machines and win2000 machines at school.. i sorry but the win2k machines blow past the linux machines (running redhat 7.3) on all levels, downloads, browsing, network transfer, etc etc

linux is good for security.. but not browsing

BTW, i am still content w/ my windows 98 se ( i also have a win2k server machine and a redhat machine for schoolwork)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i actually use PCs, Macs and Linux, but i voted for Mac. im loving OSX with a passion, and as soon as it actually gets some speed behind it and a decent gaming entourage, im making the full out switch

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
win xp pro here

don't really have a choice, no sense having one OS at work, then going home and using a different one.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I just upgraded a month ago from 98SE to XP Pro and I really appreciate the new OS. There have not been any problems yet, and I'm not anticipating many. The only gripe I have is CPU temp. seems to sky rocket during peak play. Plus, XP was free for me!

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did i mention i HATE!! M$ Windows, this pos sucks, Ill never ever buy a windows program again, where is my mac. OSX all the way.

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
OS X

I'll give peecees their credit that they have all the games, but that's about all they've got going for them, and if I was worried about games, I would just get a PS2. Besides, software companies are finally starting to realize that people happen to own Macs, so I'm not worried at all about support for OS X. I own a G4 400 mHz tower and considering OS X can be slow, it still runs pretty nice on my tower at home. At work I bring my PowerBook 3400c (I know, it's ancient). I've pretty much been working and playing with Macs since I was 4 yrs old (or for 16 yrs), and I have never turned my back on them. I'm not an egotistic Mac owner who criticizes PCs all day, I happen to work on them at work everyday and I could get used to working on them. They're just so damn unreliable and crash-prone that I wouldn't even trust implementing their OS into a toaster. That's Microsoft for you though.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
MCsoft is horrible about being unstable in previous versions of windows. NT never really was too bad except its as bad as mac as far as the population of users go. 2000 was pretty good too but never really hit the market hard. And as far as xp goes, I have been UNABLE to crash my compu since i installed it 1 month ago. My compus been running for 30 days straight. Playing games, internet, aolim, kazaa, the works. It refuses to die. I love it. OSX is also very nice, but xp is catching up real fast. Besides i could never bring my self to buy a mac..... there just so....... UGLY. HAHAHA flame war.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
XP Pro is working great for me, all other Windows I've run were So-so...................
Mac is OK by me, If I worked in the graphics field I would have one, but I don't so..........
Autocad hauls on my AMD XP system

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Rattlehead, I guess Im just one of those por, dum, unedgumacated, hiks. O well I bought a pc because everybody else bought a pc. Im average... but majority always wins :-D

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
HanMan said:
Rattlehead, I guess Im just one of those por, dum, unedgumacated, hiks. O well I bought a pc because everybody else bought a pc. Im average... but majority always wins :-D
the majority also gets taken down with one swift click when email viruses strike

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
No offense, but..

I can truly understand why that's the case that Apple users are more educated than PC users. That's because Apple computers typically cost as much as three times more than the affordable desktop PC. Civilians who have college degrees tend to have better jobs, thus allowing them to buy nicer things in life. In a way it's like PC users saying they have a fast Mustang, and Mac users saying they have a fast Viper. So that makes all the sense in the world.

Oh, and Macs are alot more attractive than PCs. I hear that from both Mac AND PC users. Besides, it's just plain true. You wouldn't say they were ugly if you actually sat in front of one. I love 'em.

P.S. "Apple customers may be educated, but our customers are smart enough to have chosen Gateway, which offers the best value," said Brad Williams, a spokesman for the PC maker.
(Taken from the article at MSN)

What's so smart about buying a PC from a manufacture who's mascot is a talking cow? At work, I see more Gateways that need to be repaired than any other PC we have here. I still have yet to see any kind of Mac come through my doors at work.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I agree with gateway being the worst you can buy. Dell is not too bad, but the best solution is to go my way and build it your self. When I built mine I spent 600 bucks for the top of the line compu. Runs like a champ. I priced them recently (I built this 2 years ago) and you can build a 2.4 gig with top of the line hardware for 500 bucks. Its really sad how much people pay just to have their computer built.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Majority of pc users might be dumber than mac users, but that doesn't stand for everyone.

When you use a mac, you lose that flexibility of using a pc. W/ a pc you can decide what parts you use and how you use them. And you can buy a nice box for your parts and do a lot of beautiful case modding. When you buy a mac, you buy a prepackaged fruit and you're options for upgrading is pretty much limited to Apple.

No matter how pretty a mac looks stock, i can and will always build a pc to look prettier. IMO, Mac users are lazy, pc users are ignorant, and linux users have too much time on their hands. :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts