TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so clearly when you do a swap you have to change the pcm. Anyone know if the whole wiring harness has to go to? I've been shopping for an 05 stang motor. And just don't want to drop it in and what do ya know it won't start lol

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
If you want to run it like the way its in the 05+ mustangs, you will probably want to get the whole harness from a donor mustang at least just to look at and see where stuff goes. Just remember it has an electric throttle so you will need the mustang gas pedal too.

Probably easiest to find a wrecked mustang and take everything to do with the engine/powertrain.

Also if you plan on using the 4r70w then I'm guessing you'd need a separate computer/controller for that. Would be sweet to have the mustang 5 speed auto though. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I've thought long and hard about this one. And it will be happening. I know the PCM has to be changed or it will be searching for modules that aren't there. And shut down for mechanical AND security reasons.
I'll re-phrase my question and continue on searching through the site. Does anyone know where I can get or what PCM I should be looking for? Thanks...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Electronic gas pedal, Hmm. Good to know thanks man. Ya That's exactly what i"m looking for a mustang some dumb kid wrapped around a pole. Hope there still walkin but I'm sure you guys understand lol!
I want the whole car I know theres a ton of leg work,Time and headaches ahead but it's going to happen.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL Don't hold your breathe Guitar Maestro. I wouldn't want ya to pass out. Just getting that Donor car is going to be a task in it's self. But I'll keep Tccoa up to date when things actually happen. ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
LOL Don't hold your breathe Guitar Maestro. I wouldn't want ya to pass out. Just getting that Donor car is going to be a task in it's self. But I'll keep Tccoa up to date when things actually happen. ;)
dont worry.....i been around long enough to know it won't happen :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol With all due respect, And I truly mean that. I'm not the average "poster" It may take some time, I may have to settle for something with a throttle cable. But in due time my friend. I'll Be saying "Got er Done" lol Hard work and burning candles at both ends is my specialty. :)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I say go for it. I have seen pics of one that someone did in the past. Who knows how much money they spent on it, but it would be pretty freaking sweet to have 3v with functional vvt, not to mention the 5spd auto as stated earlier.

I wonder if a megasquirt can handle vvt. I suppose VVT cant be added to an older PCM.
-Rob

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mega squirt? Well My plan is to pick up a reprogrammable PCM. It's all High dollar I know. But I'll get the motor first and than one part at a time. That 5 speed is going to be SICK! My goal is to make my buddy worry about lining up beside me with his stroked 427 chevelle. And my old man's 1980 camaro, with a 350. Time to put some carb lovers in there place lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found a guy that will sell this to me for $800 --->4.6 4v aluminum block. Boo yah! As long as it's still there next month it will be in my basement real soon!! Oh ya. it's still in the freakin box too!

·
Registered
550 Posts
I got my 94 DOHC with trans, complete wiring harness, computer, exhaust, air filter housing, power steering cooler, front antiswaybar and drive shaft for $700.

You say that one is still in the box. Is it something special like an Aluminator or just a reman block? Does it come with heads and internals?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Sure is man, To much you think? It's an aluminum block. And I'm in Canada so things get a little pricier over the border. American muscle costs more over here lol But to be honest I don't know what the aluminum ones go for.
I bought an aluminum block for $325 once...even with all the machine work done to it, it wont hit anywhere near $800...but then again you're in canada, and my block was used

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
Sure is man, To much you think? It's an aluminum block. And I'm in Canada so things get a little pricier over the border. American muscle costs more over here lol But to be honest I don't know what the aluminum ones go for.
The Canadian thing is a lame excuse. If you bought in the states and had it shipped then that is a fair price, otherwise you over paid.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is the exact message---->"Also.. If your interested I can get my hands on a brand new in the box ford racing 4.6 4v aluminum block. they retail for over $1500. I can probably get it for $800-1000."

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Canadian thing is a lame excuse. If you bought in the states and had it shipped then that is a fair price, otherwise you over paid.
Unless your driving into the states. Or buying used. American muscle doesn't come cheap. Brand new PI heads A GOOD DEAL here in Ontario $900 before taxes. A nice SOHC billet camshaft here is $750 before taxes. So Unfortunately being Canadian is a good excuse.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts