TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the re-post (posted in EEC board) but i really need to get an answer.

I have a 94 4.6 t-bird with the following PCM F4WF-12A650-CD. I need to get another since this one holds open an injector. I can get one coded F4WF-12A650-CC
anybody know the difference? can I use this one? When I swap out what else will I need to do? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I just went through this with my 94, major PITA with all the trips to the auto parts store I made. The calibrations are set to run the run in the particular area of the country it was shipped to. You need to get one with the same code. ALSO, you need to know the calibration code in the driver's door jamb. It is a little white sticker that says calibration at the top. I got my PCM at Smyth Automotive for about $150 with a lifetime warranty. Good luck.

For instructions how to remove/install the PCM, go to fordchip.com and look under how-to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to match the calibration setting or the F4WF-......-CD? Sorry if i'm being thick about this. I've seen that both F4WF-CC and F4WF-CD are for CA or NY cars. Is there another program number on the PCM I should care about?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
You need to match the F4WF-CD part AND the calibration code that is in your door jamb. This is a big reason I had to make so many tripsto town. But I think you'll only be able to do this if you buy a new computer, because you won't be able to tell what the calibration code is off a used one unless you take it out of the car. Not only does it save a lot of headache to buy a new one, but it is a good idea because it is probably less likely to fail and if you get one like mine, it has a warranty.
I'm not sure about all the ins and outs of the programs and their differences, but I know I had to match all of the information to get mine. If you have any other questions, just ask. If I can't help you, someone else will.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Please don't post threads in more than one forum. It makes things really confusing for the rest of us.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi guy's you know what. my car did me this same thing this week.
sunday everything is fine and monday morning the car is running like crap.

i thought it would be the wired...turned out to be #7 injector blown away.
caused by a faulty pcm telling the injector to stay open. so 1 new injector + 1 new pcm + new plugs + oil change + time...

man all in all it cost me 985$cad with tax at the dealer...:(

hope it will last me the rest of the life of the car...

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Unless you live in an area that requires you to have a certain calibration,and can test for it(99% of the emmision stations have no clue that the '94-'95 Tbird even had EEC-V,much less how to check the calibration code)...Just get any '94 TBird 4.6L EEC.They are all the same hardware,and most all of them are the identical same calibration.
JL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts