TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took the tbird for check up at ford. Turns out my cats need to replaced. No problem, but while at ford the service guy tells me that my pcm may need to be replaced and that ford no longer make that part for this car. So my question is how can I replace it if this part is no longer made. I checked autozone, napa, etc.. they don't have this part listed.. Furthermore, I was also told ford no longer makes cats for my car, so I'm going aftermarket from a local muffler shop. Any advise on how I can fix this problem regarding the pcm...

·
Registered
320 Posts
I work at a parts store and I know we can send your off and get it fixed. I know the company that does it for us is A1 Cardone. The only time we send them off is when they don't have any to send us.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I recently took the tbird for check up at ford. Turns out my cats need to replaced. No problem, but while at ford the service guy tells me that my pcm may need to be replaced and that ford no longer make that part for this car. So my question is how can I replace it if this part is no longer made. I checked autozone, napa, etc.. they don't have this part listed.. Furthermore, I was also told ford no longer makes cats for my car, so I'm going aftermarket from a local muffler shop. Any advise on how I can fix this problem regarding the pcm...

Another answer is the junkyard.

Brad

·
Registered
373 Posts

what type of problems are you encountering with your pcm?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only problem I've been having is my car stalls after driving it for a while. I also notice a lost in power and feels as if my cars wants to shut off. I usually have to wait a while before I can start it up again. I took it to ford and they said my cats need to be replaced along with Egr valve, Pcm etc.. I took care of all the other parts, but not the pcm. Can someone tell me where the PCM is located and how I can remove it. I called A1cardone, but they need the number on the PCM in order to provide me with a correct part number so that I may order it through autozone. Does autozone have the PCM listed on under a different name such ECA(Engine Control Assembly) or EEC-IV(Electronic Engine Control). If so, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the EEC the entire system as where the PCM is the just the main computer circuit or processor which controls various relay, solenoids and other actuators.

·
5,650 Posts
The PCM is located behind the passenger side kickpanel. The terms EEC, ECM, and PCM are interchangeable. On the driver side doorjamb is a calibration sticker. It says something on the order of 4-18x where x is either A, P, or B. You need this entire calibration number when ordering the PCM. If you can't find a local place you can get it from RockAuto.com, though NAPA should have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts