TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get this 3/8" dia 90 deg PCV hose for a 96-97 4.6? I know someone has replaced one because they are prone to cracking. See attached pic, mine is split way worse than that one.

I would rather have a factory vacuum type fitting, than just use 3/8" fuel line that will never come off again without cutting it, and possibly ruin the plastic pipe.

I tried the "HELP" packages in 4 different parts stores. I also tried fordparts.com, which doesn't recognize my 1997 vin #, nor does it even list a "Thunderbird" in the model listings.

Thanks,
Al

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Does anyone know where to get this 3/8" dia 90 deg PCV hose for a 96-97 4.6? I know someone has replaced one because they are prone to cracking. See attached pic, mine is split way worse than that one.

I would rather have a factory vacuum type fitting, than just use 3/8" fuel line that will never come off again without cutting it, and possibly ruin the plastic pipe.

I tried the "HELP" packages in 4 different parts stores. I also tried fordparts.com, which doesn't recognize my 1997 vin #, nor does it even list a "Thunderbird" in the model listings.

Thanks,
Al
My Photos are copyrighted :) lol

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone?

Really having a tough time finding this. Had already pre-bent a piece of fuel line, but that hose is so stiff that once it's on there, it's never coming off again.

Al

·
Super Moderator
10,296 Posts
Those have been gone since at least 2005.

Use a long enough piece of hose that it doesn't kink; or run the line to a catch can, to get the pcv oil flow.

·
Super Moderator
16,751 Posts
I'm sure a molded 90* substitution could be found, but it'll be for some other car from some other brand, or universal. If you're hell bent on OEM you're SOL unless you can find NOS.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It doesn't have to be OEM, just want it to have the same dimensions. Have not found anything close.

I guess I will just install the fuel line. I might be able to get it back off the metal throttle body nipple down the road without cutting it, but no way is it coming off the plastic line once that fuel line hardens up.

Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts