TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal? Never heard it rattle so much before. I get a constant rattle from it at idle. It tends to simmer down with generous throttle. Is is related to my oil pressure?

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
pcv valve is supposed to rattle, but more when you take it out of the cover and shake it. now, if its loose in the cover, then thats a problem.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
is the rubber grommet sealing? if not there's a vac leak there

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Just take some gum cutter and and clean it out or just replace it.
If they get a little sludge in them they tend to flutter.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well just replaced the PCV, and problem fixed. Turns out that the valve itself worked properly but the i noticed that not only could i spin the pvc in the rubber boot but i could also spin the boot around the plastic intake tube on the other side of the boot. Which indicated a NOT so tight seal between the 3 components. So i replaced the boot and valve, and now everything is AOK. The new valve does NOT rattle like the old one. I can still hear it cycle but it's more harmonious w/ the engine and alot smoother. Thanks for the input fellas!

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I had one go bad on my Chevy truck and cause a nasty vacuum leak. I think you should just replace them every so often, they're only, like, 3 bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts