TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is the PCV valve of a 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis 4.6 the same as used on a 1994 Bird?
Thanks in advance,

Robert

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks. Just want to be sure: two valve covers and two PCV's or what?
'cause the guy who want's to sell me (he has a new one from a 1994 Grand Marquis) a new PCV is telling me he does not has the one shown here:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just one PCV on the passenger side. There is another line from the valve cover of the driver's side but that does not have a PCV valve.

The PCV valve needs outlets for two lines on a '94 just as the one pictured does. If it has only one line then it's the wrong PCV.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just one PCV on the passenger side. There is another line from the valve cover of the driver's side but that does not have a PCV valve.

The PCV valve needs outlets for two lines on a '94 just as the one pictured does. If it has only one line then it's the wrong PCV.
He's telling me that the part he want's to sell me is just with one outlet. So how is this part called? (the one installed in the valve cover driver's side)

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but my 95 T-bird with 4.6 had a single pcv valve with only one outlet - towards the rear of the passenger side "valve" cover.

I would ASSume that the 94 is the same way.

With regard to the two-outlet unit pictured above, you can use that one and plug off the top tube with the little plug that is shown hanging between the two outlet ports.

In order to get the single outlet pcv valve, you have to buy a Motorcraft one.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So on the passenger's side I have the PCV (in my case the one shown in the above picture) and what's this part called on the driver's side valve cover?

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Robert

There is only one pcv valve on your car, and it is on the passenger side valve cover. While the one pictured in your second post (reply) will work, the Motorcraft ones have only one outlet tube or hose coming off of them.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys for helping me on this.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Robert

There is only one pcv valve on your car, and it is on the passenger side valve cover. While the one pictured in your second post (reply) will work, the Motorcraft ones have only one outlet tube or hose coming off of them.
nope all of the motorcraft pcv valves for the 4.6 have been superceded by the 2 post design due to interchangeability. If it needs one hose you break off the tab in the middle and plug the other with it, if it needs both hoses you discard the piece in the middle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts