TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a tune-up on my 3.8 and ran into a question on the PCV Valve that I'm hoping someone has the answer to. The valve that is currently in the car has one nozzle. Everywhere I've looked, the part that comes up has 2 nozzles (Fram FV243 for example) Should I have 1 or 2 and if it's 2, what's the 2nd one plug into or do I just cap it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. That's why I don't get it. Kragen, Autozone, and some of the online places all list the 2 nozzle valve as the one to use... Will putting a cap on the 2nd nozzle be a bad idea?

·
Registered
586 Posts
That's how I did it on mine and everything is fine. Same thing with the wife's Mustang with no problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I meant I'm the dork taking too long to reply. I'm at work too. Work keeps distracting me from the important stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems like natural place to put the question: where to get a replacement rubber elbow which attaches immediately off the valve? Car parts stores only reference a $3 hard plastic version with wrong diameter holes. Is this part OEM only? This is on a '96 4.6L DOHC.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Maybe in the HELP! section of your local parts store? They have some odd little soft rubber elbows, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks - not much luck at Parts stores. I've got one on order from the dealer for $11 which is 4x what it's worth but at least don't have to pay shipping costs. In case anyone is interested, part #F3CZ9E499A.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts