TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as a few of you know, im a punk and i dont feel like driving 7 hours... I know someeee people are just soooo dedicated and will make the 16 hour trek *cough* J-Rob, anyway... im down if someone wants to car pool, or maybe rent a winnebago hehehhe ill win the burn out contest with that monster... or if anyone has any slick ideas.... I don't think i wanna do that to my baby.... 7 hours.... I have fits driving 3 hours.... im sure we could figure something out... I wouldn't mind going, BTW does anyone have a headcount for the nationals?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i dont get how its 16 hours for me and only 7 for you, last time i checked you were only 4 hours from me :confused:

maybe, to shorten the trip into pieces, ill see if i can leave a day early or something and meet you in new britian and get some rest or something. how do you feel about that?

my buddy wants to stop at niagra falls on the way i guess, hes never been there before and he thinks that you can go swimming there :rolleyes: :p . i tried to explain the whole waterfall thing, he doesnt get why you cant just hop in. stupid kid ;)

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
It's a simple equation of velocity vs the space time continuum divided by the frequency of flashing blue lights.

For example Mapquest estimates the 800 miles for me is going to take 13 hours, 40 minutes. I'm fully expecting to be there in 10 or less however. Maybe 8 if I'm lucky ;)

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doh.... its 11hours 56 minutes... 12 hours.... blah....

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults....514-5544&newtcountry=us&Submit=Get+Directions

Hrm, maybe we can work something out, Do you think repucci wants to go? He is in between both of us, maybe we can meet him where he is... If you guys wanna meet up, I'll go, but I donno about driving solo to Indiana... Im sure the 3 of us could book a room too, we should hop on it, get this figured out, I got vacation days to blow away....i got gas money too... heh, ill have my new laptop then too, so we'll have we can watch some dvd's... heh... man its sounding better and better now...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i already booked a room, did that this morning. ill be talking to rob here soon anyway, ill run it by him if he doesnt check it out here first. 978 miles/ 80 mph is only 12 hours, not 16. figure in a couple stops by the PD and its a 13 hour trip instead of 16, still good by me :D

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Only 80mph??? I drove to St. Louis from chicago going about 90-95 the whole way. Never got stopped by the PD. Had a couple close ones but that about it

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
BlackTbird96 said:
Only 80mph??? I drove to St. Louis from chicago going about 90-95 the whole way. Never got stopped by the PD. Had a couple close ones but that about it
yes my friend, but you probably also have 3.27s... i on the other hand do not :D

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Yeah but you aren't going through Ohio.. last time I was there the cops had hair triggers for out of staters.

and 3.08's here baby.. nice and low cruising rpm's

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
yea last year when i drove though ohio (before thunderbird) there were cops everywhere on the expressways. I was driving my girlfriends lumina and got pulled over 2 times for goin 80mph

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
MadDog2020 said:
Never thought a day would come I would be proud to have 3:08s
Heh.. top speed is always fun. 3.08:1s definately help on the freeway. The annoying part is following behind all these 3.27:1s and higher and having to brake to keep from running into the back of them downhill.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
J-Rob said:
i already booked a room, did that this morning. ill be talking to rob here soon anyway, ill run it by him if he doesnt check it out here first. 978 miles/ 80 mph is only 12 hours, not 16. figure in a couple stops by the PD and its a 13 hour trip instead of 16, still good by me :D
You think your going to average 80mph?! I don't think so. If you stop for 10 minutes (food, restroom, etc) you will have to travel at 96mph for the next 50 minutes to make up that time....or 120mph for the next 20minutes!

You'd better plan to average 65 to 70mph.

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
GreenBird said:

You think your going to average 80mph?! I don't think so. If you stop for 10 minutes (food, restroom, etc) you will have to travel at 96mph for the next 50 minutes to make up that time....or 120mph for the next 20minutes!

You'd better plan to average 65 to 70mph.
Except that it's not an hour long trip. They have 11 hours to make up those ten minutes.

My trip from Charleston was about 3 hours. Stopped once for bathroom and did 85 up until that point, 80 afterwards. I averaged miles traveled by time taken and got right at 80mph average.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts