TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to mount hood pins on my car and am having a really hard time finding a spot on the radiator support that will work. There is also a problem that the bottom of the hood is really wavey. I got a locking pair so I need to drill a good 3/4" hole in the hood to get the lock through it. If anyone can post pics of where they mounted it or can explain it somehow I would really appreciate it.

Yes, I searched and didn't find what I need.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get some!!!

My car hasn't had any for about 3 or so years and the part that the latch hooks onto is chipped and cracked and I'm sure it won't be long for it to snap and send the hood flying my way.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
This may help you some.

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/hood.htm

You need to use both hood pins AND the rubber bumpers, or just the pins, with short pieces of rubber hose over them to rest the hood on, and the pin clips or locks to hold it down. If you do not do one of these, the front of the hood will bounce up and down at speed.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw your pics, and I was going on them for a while, but the bottom the hood has a different build. Where your pins go through the hood, mine has a dip and I can't go through it. Plus the locks aren't very long so I need to pick a part of the hood that isn't too thick. Talk about a tough project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts