TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For anyone out there. I need to know one thing. I was contacted about a job interview by a Dave Durbin. Would it be possible to find out if he really works for Citi Financial (sp?). With all the scams out there I am curious. I have an interview on thursday.

Edit: I spelled his name wrong.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Do you have any reason to suspect that it is a scam? Is he asking for money from you? Did you not apply at Citi Financial?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Call Citi Financial directly and find out.!

·
Registered
514 Posts
If its the same thing that they called me about a few months ago its not worth it. when they called me they wanted me to go around and sell life insurance to people that they set up. they only paid commision and it didnt seem like a good deal to me. My girlfriend went to an interview for selling air purifiers and they would set up all the customers that you would need to meet to make "$1000 dollars a week" all you had to do was sell this $3000 air purifier......needless to say no one wants to spend 3000 on one. when i had my interview i got the impression that this was going to be the same thing....

how did he find you? did you apply at CITI Financial? or did he find your resume on Monster? If you never applied then i would be leery of taking a job on commision because if they DO pay very well and are so sucsessfull why are they calling people out of the blue to come and work for them? They should be having people breaking down their doors looking for a job.

*This is just my opinion and by no means should you take any of what i said personally..just trying to not let someone on here get bent over*

·
Registered
598 Posts
I don't know about CitiFinancial, but I interviewed with Primerica, both are part of the CitiGroup only each specializes in their own thing. They do that to keep all the money in house, smart plan. Anyway, Primerica's thing was to basically refi home mortgages, and to do so, they want to use my contacts (i.e. family and friends). Also, I would get paid x amount per deal, the guy above me would get y amount, the regional director z amount.

In other words it started looking a whole lot like this

/\
/ \
/__\

I passed since they wouldn't let me be the guy on top:)

·
Registered
598 Posts
shaggy433 said:
how did he find you? did you apply at CITI Financial? or did he find your resume on Monster? If you never applied then i would be leery of taking a job on commision because if they DO pay very well and are so sucsessfull why are they calling people out of the blue to come and work for them? They should be having people breaking down their doors looking for a job.
They call you because the eagerly recruit do to a high turnover rate coupled with what I wrote above. Basically they need your resources or they run out and the guy that brings you in makes a portion on everything you sell

·
leet sauce
1,841 Posts
i think it will only workout to people who has a gift selling things\!

i worked with a guy who could tell you that your house is on fire, your car has been stolen and trashed, your wife was cheating on you and your daughter is a druggie and you would pay him money for something totaly unrelated and you DONT NEED!!!!!!!!!!

I love that guy he is awesome! cracks me up tho :D:D:D

·
Registered
658 Posts
I know all to well exactly what you went threw because I have gone threw the very same scam. Its called the peramaid (sp) scheme or something like that. I got suckerd into going to one that I though was going to help me get sponsors for my race team but it turned out to be some weird a$$ company trying to sell Voice over IP. They wanted me to pay them $300 so I could buy a part of their company then I would be an associate and I could sell their stuff to make money. I met them at a Panara Bread. Something told me before I got there that it might be one of these scams but I was going to check it out anyways. So when they tried to pressure me into giving them the money so I could be a part of them my excuse for not having the money was all my bills that I have. They were like what bills do I have so I told them about my car payment that I have, credit cards, and normal other bills that I have. It was funny seeing them all dressed up in their suites and get into a busted down wrecked cavalier and while I with my plain cloths on jmps into my nice *** leathered out Expedition hehe! I hate those scams so much and whoever started them or supports them needs to burn. I feel so sorry for anyone that gets taken by it though.

Shane

1 - 15 of 15 Posts