TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a BBK cold air induction system for a 1994-98 3.8L V6 Ford Mustang. My friend keeps arguing that it will fit in my 97 3.8L V6 Ford Thunderbird LX. They way I see it... yea it's the same engine but the body is different. Does anyone have experience with this part or any info? I really don't want to purchase the system for it to not fit.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
it is a different system... with modification, it might fit, but there are other options out there

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts

That's a picture of a friend of mine's old 3.8L (crashed and totalled :( ) He got his from Mikael Strand at www.rpm-mustangs.com It IS a mustang intake tube, but with an extension pipe that will lengthen it far enough to work on the thunderbird/cougar. So contact Mik at rpm-mustangs and he'll give you the stuff.
-Thomas

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Like I said, contact Mikael Strand (owner) and he will give you the right stuff. It is not made to fit your car. It is modified from a Mustang to fit your car.
-Thomas

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK thanks I'll call there tomarrow. Do you know him personally... should i ask for him and tell them you refered me or just talk to anyone?

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Mik should answer the phone, just ask him about a mustang cold air modified to fit the thunderbird.

I have talked with him on many occasions and he has lended me favors, but I wouldnt say that I personally know him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts