TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 v8 lx with no mods, unless you call taking off the air silencer a mod. My wife wants one and I spied one in excellent body shape with 8x,000 miles on it at a dealer. I took it for a drive and it was waaayyyyy slower than my bird. Keep in mind it is a twin for my car both with v8's, I checked to see if the octane plug was pulled but they were bothe there. Car wasn't pinging or knocking and no check engine light, it was just damn slow. All the shift point were good and it upshifted and downshifted right, just didn't move! I was wandering if maybe all it needed was a tuneup.

·
Registered
130 Posts
strange

first there are differences among the various 4.6 v8. 94-95 were the most aenemic of the lot; intake improments in '96-7 mad the car have better throttle response.

Most '94 v8 came with 3.27 rear ends. Don't know about the '95.

Although variences among "like" production models can be expected, it seems to me that to notice such a large difference is pointing to something else. First, are you certain that it is a v8, and not just some re-badged v6? You can never be too sure. while the hood's up, look to see if the air filter is passing any air through. Maybe the paper element is coated with clay.

Next, I would look to the vehicle's tag on the door and check the axle code. Maybe that Bird has a 2.08 rear end or something.

I don't believe that a tune is gong to make enormous gains.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Re: strange

birdofprey said:
Next, I would look to the vehicle's tag on the door and check the axle code. Maybe that Bird has a 2.08 rear end or something.

I don't believe that a tune is gong to make enormous gains.
first it would be a 3.08:1 and 2nd youd be suprised how much difference a tune up does to a car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts