TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of engine oil does everyone use? I know transmission is the the ford kind, but what type of coolant? This company has been on the news twice. They claim to have been around since the 50's or 60's and have the best products. Nasa and other government agency use there products.. Think its a hoax? Check it out! What do you think?

http://www.synlube.com

·
Registered
726 Posts
you want engine oil or coolent?
Oil, use a full synthetic, like mobil 1 trisynthetic. Coolent, i dunno, prestone or something, no opinion on that. I wouldn't want a "permenant oil in my car, i don't think it would be possible anyhow. Oil is so vital to your engine, i like to know that clean stuff is in there.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I wouldn't buy anything from someone that says they have been selling such a good product for such a long time, yet still has a cookie cutter website.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Those claims are almost as good...

euro said:
What type of engine oil does everyone use? I know transmission is the the ford kind, but what type of coolant? This company has been on the news twice. They claim to have been around since the 50's or 60's and have the best products. Nasa and other government agency use there products.. Think its a hoax? Check it out! What do you think?

as the ones for the Spiralmax and the Tornado....LMAOROTF.

UH, oil gets dirty. Oil filters get clogged.

There is NO MAGIC. If you want a long lived engine...
you change your oil and filter every three thousand
miles (including synthetics)...period, end of story. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
117 Posts
cool info

i read thru the site ,(havent read it all) there's lots of info in there, its very interesting, i wont just discount it completely. i am going to get some of those magnets, and i'll try there filter.
I wouldnt be so fast to call it junk, looks like they are deep deep into the lube,

thanks for the link ,

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
General aviation aiorcraft...

M10N said:
i read thru the site ,(havent read it all) there's lots of info in there, its very interesting, i wont just discount it completely. i am going to get some of those magnets, and i'll try there filter.
I wouldnt be so fast to call it junk, looks like they are deep deep into the lube,

thanks for the link ,
engines often have a fifty hour recommended oil change.
Those owners that change their oil at 25 hours often
show no wear when their engines reach mandatory rebuild.

Those people are in the business of selling oil....
are you willing to use your car as a test mule?
50,000 miles with accumulated combustion by-products
building up in your crankcase.....? Well, at least you
won't be falling out of the sky if your engine dies on you
for lack of proper lubrication.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea - if their claims
are proved by a respected organization such as the SAE
to be true....then, maybe, I'd give their product a try.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
euro said:

Wonder if they have any Permanent Gas?I would rather have that then the oil.I use 5w30 Amsoil in my 96.I dont know what it had before but thats what I used in my Mark VIII and the engine was clean inside,still running after 176000.
It is like 5 something a quart though,not cheap.
Chris
I am in the Navy and belive it or not we use Amsoil in our Helicopters and Jets.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Tazer999 said:
mmm, mobil 1 every 1500 miles for me
what do you do, buy it in 10 gallon cans?!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Tazer999 said:
mmm, mobil 1 every 1500 miles for me
I bet that gets expensive. Can i ask why? at 1500, the oil hasn't even be USED yet! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts