TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just towed my latest project off the carport and to the shop, but not before it bled all over the place. I use the oil absorb kitty litter stuff and that works fine to get it up, but the stains are still there, especially from the trans fluid. Anybody know of a way or chemical that removes stains from concrete? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
There is this stuff that home depot sells for driveway and cement cleaning. It comes in a gallon container and is a concintrate that you mix with water and then use a scrub brush on the concret and it gets it off pretty well. It's only about $8 for the large bottle. I usually found it working when I get to a spill pretty quick. I dont know its ability on older stains.

good luck

·
Formerly known as lfteyechicken
865 Posts
I work for quicktrip, so I know a thing or two about stains. first take the oil dry and a push broom, with the top of the broom (side opposite brissels) spread oil dry using the top of broomhead to grind it into the concrete. sweep the oil dry up and take some lot degreaser (i don't know how well engine degreaser or greased lightning works, but you can try it) take a hose (pressure hoses work best if you have it, if not set nozzle on highest pressure) and wash the stain away...good as new.

·
Registered
663 Posts
This isn't exactly great for the environment but, muriatic acid will clean the hell out of concrete. The problem is that it does so by eating it. :eek: If you get a clean push broom and a bottle of muriatic acid from your local Home Depot you can have sparkling white concrete in about a half an hour. Just make sure you rinse it REALLY well and don't use any more than is absolutely necessary.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Warped said:
This isn't exactly great for the environment but, muriatic acid will clean the hell out of concrete. The problem is that it does so by eating it. :eek: If you get a clean push broom and a bottle of muriatic acid from your local Home Depot you can have sparkling white concrete in about a half an hour. Just make sure you rinse it REALLY well and don't use any more than is absolutely necessary.
And then when you're done throw some small balls of tin foil in the acid bottle and run like he** :D Makes for a nice "driveway cleaning finale"
-Thomas

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tips guys. I did grind the oil dry into the concrete and that works pretty well but still leaves the outline stain. I will go to the HD or our new lowes and see about some concrete cleaner. I have an engine cleaning wand that hooks to my air compressor, its as high pressure as im gonna get here. We will see how that works. Thanks again.

Now its off to the "auto clinic" to repair the wounds and stop the bleeding....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts