TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add a little more pep to my 3.8L daily driver. I have read about "Flex's phenolic spacer," and I am happy with what I have heard. Question: Do I PM Flex for this, or is there a website where I can learn about the product and find pricing?
I am also going to add the MAC pulleys. I see that a lot of people only use the crank pulley. Why is this?
- Jack K: n/a 3.8L virgin

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
For the spacer, PM Flex. As far as I know, there isn't a website set up for ordering.

And I believe that people only use the crank pulley becaues that is where most of the power gains come from. If you have a big stereo system, it's not recommended to use the alternator pulley, and with the headgasket problem, not a good idea to use the water pump pulley.

It's your choice though - I've seen other people who use all 3 UD pulley's and have no problem at all. I would just use the crank pulley since the other don't really make much of a difference, but it's your choice. Also, if anything I said was wrong, please correct me. I don't like passing on bad info.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
377 Posts
the underdrives are a really good buy for the money. i have mine up for sale is the 2 piece asp set and i will include the belt, for 70 shipped to your door

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the MAC set and only used the crank pulley, like Melon said that is where the most gains come from and also the alt. pulley is the same size as the stock one.

Dave

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've got a used intake spacer and a new throttle body spacer for sale (which originally came from Flex). PM me and we can work something out.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.
Those of you with parts for sale: I'm not looking to do this untill later when I'm on winter break and I can make a little money. Thanks for the heads up though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts