TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Phil Long Ford Fest @ Bandimere
June 27, 2004

Well, this is going to be the big Rocky Mountain Region MN12 event. Lets all work hard to finish our projects and make a big turnout. Last year we had about a 1 to a thousand Bird to Pony ratio. Just remember, at 5,860 ft on a hot day, your car will be slower.

Details can be found here.
http://www.bandimere.com/events/displayevent_detail.cfm?eventID=132

Looks like we are going to plan a Dyno Day on Saturady and book a hotel by I-70 & Kipling.

More info to come.

---Max

·
Registered
987 Posts
Ohh god, I am not sure I can deal with it being slower... I won't have my project done that is for sure, but I hope to have the whole in the door fixed by then :)

Sam

·
Registered
18 Posts
Heres the offficial invite: Rocky Mtn. Ford Fest Meet
on a side note, I,m in the process of deciding on the motel...either the Holiday Inn Express off of I-70 & Kipling, or the nicer & Phill Long Sponsor motel: Days Inn at I-70 & Colfax...which I would prefer, I checked it out & I can get a block of up to 10 rooms at a discounted rate of about $70/night.
Plus there are likely to be some other ford people around since its the event hotel.
Feel free to input your opinion...The link above shows details for the early arrivals on the 25th, and the dyno day on the 26th from 10am-7pm...
lets get a group together this year guys!
We are planning to be there early Fri afternoon to greet those traveling from distance.

·
Banned
155 Posts
Cool, lets do the sponsor hotel for sure Todd.. I can see it now, the whole hotel becomes one big *** FORD party!!!

Does anyone have one of those tent thingies we can set up? I got my *** fried in the sun last year and I wasn't even there all day.

Also, anyone have a big water jug?

Jeramie

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'll be there as a spectator.. short of God himself assembling my engine with parts he (or she) brought, my car won't be finished.. and I don't think the All Ford People would take too kindly to me showing up with a Grand Prix.. However.. I'd like to get the GP on the dyno if it's ok with the rest of you guys.. Max, Let me know the details on that..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tony,
We will likely be there. I'm trying to decide between the track and the route 385 cruisers car show up in Alliance Ne., My local club, Flatlanders always go to that show. It all weekend long
If we don't go then we will be at Julesburg, & for sure the following week.
Michele ran a 13.37 @ 103 in the 92 SC yesterday.
I got the Elky to run a 12.92 @103, on the brakes trying to keep from breaking out.
Seems as my tuning session at dyno pro was worth the $$, now I'll likely have to switch classes to PRO, as the cutoff for sportsman is 13.0
Sure hope you can make the Denver meet,??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Todd, while were off subject :D can you e-mail me or post a picture of the underside of the Cervinis hood on the Silver Bird. I am ordering mine this week, as Jeramie needs my hood to finish his car. How was there crating? I am worried about damage during shipping. Did yours arrive ok? How was the Fit and Finish? Did any work have to be done when you received it? Would you be willing to paint mine when it arrives? (Oxford white, Urethane paint only)

---Max

·
Banned
155 Posts
LOL! You TCCoA guys are good at hi-jacking threads! :zwall:

All in good fun :)

Yeah, I'm running out of $$ and can't afford the hood, plus it won't be here in time for the paint. They actually started working on the car yesterday. Today they will hopefully have laid primer and started blocking it out. And yes, they are gonna warranty the paint, lifetime, using top of the line Glassurit paint. When its done they are gonna wet sand and buff the top surfaces, and nip the sides, though he said I'll probably be happy with no wet sanding and buffing.

You don't wanna know what I'm paying for it, lets just say I'll be in debt for awhile.

:bawling:

·
Registered
18 Posts
You guys are confusing the hell out-me. Why would Jeramie need your hood to finish his car.
Anyway, The pkging was fine...I had no problems with shipping, or Fitment at all. The CERVINI, hood is a true replacement. No mods were needed. The only thing that may be needed is a some urethane glazing putty,& a good coat of urethane primer. Some pinholes are unavoidable with fiberglass parts.
You will like the fit, even adjusting the latch was easy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts