TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the auto tranny on my 95 lx 4.6 went out last night. Won't even drive now. Just wondering if anyone had recommendations on a good tranny shop in the area to get it rebuilt. West side would be preferred but anywhere good will do.

TIA
Mike

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was hoping to find a shop near where the car stopped driving but will just use my aaa to have it towed to a shop i trust. Will probably have the jmod done while he's rebuilding it and maybe talk to him about a t45 swap. I'll keep everyone posted.

Mike

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had the Aamco at Main and Higley out in Mesa rebuild the one in my '95. Cost about $1700 though....haven't had any trouble with it since.

Probably too far out of your way though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mesa is a bit far for me. I had Intech Automotive rebuild it. Was pricy but it was toast and was essentially replaced. He put the stiffer shifter springs in it and it shifts awsome now. If you need a good all around mechanic, check him out. He's on Central and Hatcher (just north of Dunlap) and does great work. Only guy I trust to work on my Jeep. Don't know much about the bird yet as i just got it.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts