TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photobucket is no longer a free thing?!?! I know I'm late on this! What's everyone using now?

·
̇
3,702 Posts
I'm using TCCoA to host all of my images here..

That's one thing I can count on, especially being a Lifetime Member

If and when I need to host an image somewhere, other than a forum..I'll probably use tinypic too..

Rayo..

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
I host my images on my server now...

·
Super Moderator
4,888 Posts
I host my images on my server now...
Except that for me it's been since I started, this is me ...

Only problem is when SuddenLink calls or comes by to see why I don't have a (residential) account with them; it confuses them that I have a commercial account. >:)

RwP

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if I become a member I no longer will have to use another image hosting site? I see a year membership but no window for lifetime ....?

·
̇
3,702 Posts
So if I become a member I no longer will have to use another image hosting site? I see a year membership but no window for lifetime ....?
If you become a "paid member", you have access to upload your pics to your own photo albums here..

You'll have to get in touch with an Administrator on the Lifetime Membership option, and if it's still available..

Most people don't want to pay the extra cost for a Lifetime Membership, so that option is not listed..

I know you can attach any pics from your photo albums to your forum posts..I don't think that would work outside of TCCoA though..

So, lets say you tried using pics from your TCCoA photo album on another website..I don't think that would work..

Just something to keep in mind if you're trying to use the TCCoA photo album hosting to circumvent Photobucket.. ;)

Rayo..

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eh this really is my only place I post my Photobucket stuff anywoo!

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today I became a member. Been on the site since 2006! About time :xpp:

·
Registered
134 Posts
There's a Chrome browser plug-in called 'photobucket embed fix'. Somehow it makes all the photobucket pictures visible again and without any ads or links in the pictures. With the plug-in it's possible to copy the pictures onto a computer and re-upload them to repair the broken links.

At this point, all pictures should be hosted on this forum website rather than 3rd party sites which may not be around tomorrow.

Here's a photobucket picture I just grabbed.

If someone wants to repair some of the carnage photobucket has caused, now is the time to do it. I'm sure photobucket will fight back somehow and make the pictures disappear again.

·
Super Moderator
16,757 Posts
There's a Chrome browser plug-in called 'photobucket embed fix'. Somehow it makes all the photobucket pictures visible again and without any ads or links in the pictures. With the plug-in it's possible to copy the pictures onto a computer and re-upload them to repair the broken links.

At this point, all pictures should be hosted on this forum website rather than 3rd party sites which may not be around tomorrow.

Here's a photobucket picture I just grabbed.

If someone wants to repair some of the carnage photobucket has caused, now is the time to do it. I'm sure photobucket will fight back somehow and make the pictures disappear again.
There's another fix that can be done, me and possibly a few other mods/admins been going around and casually fixing posts/threads we come across using this technique for the last few weeks, making the dead images visible on all browsers. I'm purposely avoiding the details so as to avoid it becoming well known to the point photobucket catches wind and undoes all the work to fix it, like the short lived fixphotobucket page(which stopped working the literally second I tried to use it here).

·
Registered
59 Posts
For end users and anyone else who has bookmarked for later reference DIY or other picture-heavy threads with images on Photobucket, I recommend printing the thread or at least the OP to PDF immediately after enabling any workarounds to display the linked Photobucket images.

I foresee Photobucket going belly up in the not-too-distant future. Re-hosting the photos and PDF-archiving the threads are really the only long-term solutions.

·
Formula 1 Freak
136 Posts
I closed my PB account and joined SMUG. It cost me a few bucks, but well worth it imho. PB suck ass, I had even paid to go ad-free....lotta good that did me. I hope they go under big time

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
I got these links from Jon yesterday for the Photobucket fixes.

Firefox
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/?src=ss

Android
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/android/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/

Chrome
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj

Here I've been using the method that Matt mentioned to edit pictures on the site.

Joe

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
That is great if some of you are fixing the photobucket links. Doing research for my 5 speed swap I have ran into a few threads with all or most of the pictures being photobucket dead links.

·
Super Moderator
11,871 Posts
Likewise. Just post your requests here. Don't fill my PM inbox. LOL

Posted from the gate at DTW :)

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts