TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this weekend!!! I ordered a '00 GT motor this afternoon, its got 9xxx miles on it got it for $1400 + tax and $50 to ship it from sw il to chicago, not bad imo. This sunday when i return home from the FunFordDay at Great Lakes Drag I will begin to remove the old motor. The new motor is currently still residing in the wrecked stang, they will be pulling it tomorrow or friday, and it should be here on tues/wed. then the fun begins. cant wait, this is something ive never done before so it should be a cool project/challenge. Ive got my digi cam so ill be taking some pics and mabey do a little write up on it when done. but i dunno.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Cool to here that you're joining the ranks of the PI GT'd crew. Wish I had the money and the time to do that. Good luck and look forward to an extensive photographic writeup. :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Excellent Vic...looks like you might make Bloomington after all :cool: I'm heading down there Friday afternoon with a couple of other club members.

Good luck with the transplant!

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Hey vic, if ya need a hand, or some help, if ya do just say so, lol! I need the experience... gl on the swap.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed we BOTH have 107 posts =P

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
If vic, I will help too if you help with my heads. haha Thats if i do the heads, I just found a 99 GT engine with less then 30,000 miles for $1200 right here in Elgin. So thats starting to look really good.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Performance Increased. they have better flowing ports and redesigned combustion chambers. They also have much better cams than you stock TBird motor. The PI motors went into mustangs, and the heads went on the 5.4L Tritons in 1999 and newer cars.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
VicRattlehead said:
ohh you know ill be at bloominton, i think the parents/brother are going too!!!
Eeeps, I was born in Bloomington and still have family there.. you mean something actually happens there?

·
Registered
647 Posts
ShadowDragon said:

Eeeps, I was born in Bloomington and still have family there.. you mean something actually happens there?
Bloomington IL...hmm, I think we are about the last car thing going on, since Bloomington Gold is no longer held in Bloomington ;)

Oh wait, there's still binge drinking and Hooter's :D

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Go figure. Guess there is nothing going on there the first week of next month is there?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts