TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these cool and did I get a good deal? Plans are for my '96 current npi heads and future pi intake. Let me know what u guys think.

pi cams

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
That is a good deal for PI cams.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
that is a really good deal...thats what i was going to buy but im looking for cams with bolt on sprockets since im lazy and i am taking the risk of using the cam removal tool....

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
they look lie they are press on to me, which means you can't just use the cam tool, you'll have to take off the PS pump, front cover, etc.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Yep but for that price ... damn good deal ... i paid 120ish for a set. then sold for 80ish. They usually run around 100 +-20.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no issue re-selling them back on the bay. Should I then go for the bolted sprockets instead?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I would, unless your in a hurry to get them. With bolted cams, you'll need to buy new bolts, but then you either use the tool, or if you see something wrong, you can still open it up. Bolted sprockets just give you the option.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GreenBird said:
I would, unless your in a hurry to get them. With bolted cams, you'll need to buy new bolts, but then you either use the tool, or if you see something wrong, you can still open it up. Bolted sprockets just give you the option.
yeah, no rush at all, i just kinda rushed at the price without much thought. bolted cams it is! thanks !!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
96dirtybird said:
yeah, no rush at all, i just kinda rushed at the price without much thought. bolted cams it is! thanks !!!
At that price :D I would have also !!

I just swapped mine over in November with the pressed on sprockets
Did it by myself and it is a lengthy job :tongue: Mechanical Knowledge
is a must !!

Another thing some cams have been damaged when shipped if
they are not properly packaged :(

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LST MN-12 said:
At that price :D I would have also !!

I just swapped mine over in November with the pressed on sprockets
Did it by myself and it is a lengthy job :tongue: Mechanical Knowledge
is a must !!

Another thing some cams have been damaged when shipped if
they are not properly packaged :(
well see that's the thing. Is it really that bad? I mean I just need a little more patience ad need to remove a few more things right? I might just end up keeping them. :confused:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Its not really that bad installing them. It just take a lot more time. Me and a friend did the whole job in three days working only after school, in the meantime we installed the pi intake, accufab 75mm throttle body and plenum. Good learning experience too. Just make sure you read up on it, especially the timing.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah I saved the timing article from MD in my favorites :)

are there any good write ups/articles, did a search, but nothing that I really looked for :(

·
Registered
654 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts