TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, ive decided due to cost effectiveness I would like to use pi cams in my 95' heads but ive heard there could be issues with coil bind..is there any way i can clearance the heads by removing material to make room for the cam? what exactly is it that restricts the 95 heads from using pi cams and how can I fix this?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Yes, the coil seats can be machined I think, but with that kind of work I would guess a decent set of 96 + NPI or PI (if you can live with the increase in compression ratio) would be cheaper.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
the 95 heads are junk. scrap them and buy 96+ F5ae heads. The 92-95 F4ae heads have horrible valve guide design that wipes out the seals. Also the ports are improved on the F5ae design. you will spend more at a machine shop trying to fix crap heads than just buying a set of used f5ae heads

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha well, f5 heads it is! Ill check my local scrap yard maybe ill find them at a descent price, and if that fails then ebay...since i'll be taking the heads off, should i go ahead and order ARP head studs or just reuse stock head bolts? btw wouldnt head studs make it impossible to bolt the heads back on? i really cant imagine the heads sliding on the studs theres absolutetly no room side to side!?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Get the Ford head changing kit, it comes with new bolts and exhaust gaskets. No need for studs and they would be a biach to install in the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts