TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been driving with the new cams and notice a small difference in power I expected a little more. Under normal driving it rides pretty much the same but seems smoother. Under wot it seems to rev quicker and maybe shift higher but not sure. Does that seem about right on a stock engine without tune? I assume the tune will help alot. Would it be a good idea to put on my list of mods the following... ? Thanks.

maf of some sort - mustang gt and airbox
colder spark plugs
180 thermostat
tune

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
You know even the PI motor swap untuned wasn't a real big seat of the pants difference.But it was noticeable.Then when I saw I droped 8 tenths off the 1/4 time I knew it was a good move.

You might have expected too much.Resulting in a not so great feeling in gain.It might have knocked a few tenths off the 1/4 which is really good.But doesn't feel too much faster than it was when it was stock.But feel good knowing it was a good improvement over stock and the car is on its way.

EDIT:Get a tune and you will not regret it.If you are looking for a seat of the pants difference I suggest buying a big stall,Big MAF,3.73's, and a tune from Lonnie and install all of it at once.You will not be dissappointed.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx yea i plan on the top listed first then maybe gears next what maf do you suggest? Is it common to run smoother with the pi cams? It seems to idle better but might be in my mind only. I can feel that it runs faster under wot just happy I didnt screw anything up I held the dam sprocket for so long my fingers were numb luckily I was able to get the cam lined up right and taped the wheel on without it moving lol I wouldnt attempt not removing the front cover again though.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I'm not sure if it will run smoother with a bigger MAF.If you are going to eventually go with a supercharger than go with a 90mm LMAF.If you are going to stay N/A than go with the Mustang 80mm.And you can't safely run a bigger MAF with out a tune.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant the car runs smoother going from the npi cams to pi cams but maybe was because I reinstalled the spark plugs or something. yea i was going to stay n/a so I will go with the mustang maf most likely. thx

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
you're on the right track as far as the planned mods...get motorcraft 22C's or autollite 103's, 180º Tstat, 02-04 GT MAF and airbox and an Xcal2, and it will definitely be quicker.......also since the car still accelerates past the torque peak, just not as much, its quite harder to detect the increase in acceleration....but rest assured, it is definitely making more bacon from 4k RPMs+

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx i will go with those mods next

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey make sure you get the mustang intake tube as well... I had a hell of a time getting the stock tube over the maf... I just did the PI cam swap myself!!! I noticed the main difference to be up top... so after my intake swap Im going to get a high stall converter... Cant wait!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts