TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Open house on June 9th as I am doing the PI cam swap, all are welcome to stop by the help will be greatly accepted. :)

BEER AND PIZZA WILL BE PROVIDED.

Call my cell to RSVP 321-961-3470

Thanks

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
haha RSVP... if i was closer i would. sorry man

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
just make sure you use the cam tool.. and when you do.. make sure it never EVER moves;) other than that, good luck buddy!... lol. and a block of wood and a c clamp will compress those lifter thingies quite nice... make sure you get the larger end towards the wood... who needs a lifter compressor thingie?

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the pressed on sprockets so I will have to go the long route and that what concerns me that I have to just about remove the whole timing chain assy.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Remove the chains, its a piece of cake. Hardest part to me is getting the power steering pump off. Call me if you encounter any snags.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard that you can leave the pump hang with the one bolt that you use a wrench on, and it will be out of the way.

What do you think?

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I've done my fair share of head swaps.... a 10mm 12 point box end wrench is what you want for the power steering pump, just unbolt it and swing it aside..... just my $0.02

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still not done yet having problem getting it timed..I hope to finish up tonight...if I can get some help.............

·
Banned
287 Posts
Do not use the stupid cam holding tool.... What if it does slip, then you would have to remove the front cover.

If I were you I would make things easier and remove the front cover to ensure you have cam timing properly set. So what if it takes a few more hours, it would be worth it to be safe in my book.

·
Banned
287 Posts
He did remove the cover.
Haha, oops...... Still, anyone doing the swap should just remove the cover unless you have experience with the holding tool and knowing exactly how to find TDC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts