TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the track tonight to get an idea of how much quicker my car is since I did the PI cams/intake swap last week. My SOTP dyno says it's making a lot more power between 4K-5500 RPM. Turns out I was right...it went a best of 15.199 @ 92.97!! I thought that was a pretty dramatic improvement over last year's 15.9.

For anyone considering this relatively inexpensive swap, I would say go for it!! My car runs very smooth and has considerably more power - and I haven't even had my chip retuned with the new parts yet. If it wasn't for my horrible 60' times (2.413) due to my one-wheel-peel (no trac loc) I may have hit 14.999:D

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Good numbers man... Get a T-lock, higher TC and you can hit mid 14's fo show

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
well.. based on my stockish run of 15.9, and then adding cams, jmod, SCT tune, pi intake, u/d, full exhaust, and 70mm TB (as if it really helps), and the m8 converter.. i was hoping for HIGH *** 14s.. but we were all runnin really slow that day..

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
fsh167 said:
I went to the track tonight to get an idea of how much quicker my car is since I did the PI cams/intake swap last week. My SOTP dyno says it's making a lot more power between 4K-5500 RPM. Turns out I was right...it went a best of 15.199 @ 92.97!! I thought that was a pretty dramatic improvement over last year's 15.9.

For anyone considering this relatively inexpensive swap, I would say go for it!! My car runs very smooth and has considerably more power - and I haven't even had my chip retuned with the new parts yet. If it wasn't for my horrible 60' times (2.413) due to my one-wheel-peel (no trac loc) I may have hit 14.999:D
great times man. get some traction and u got 14's. you already have the mph for it.

Frank

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
KrAzyT said:
Yeah my car still run 16's with all my mods
have you run it since the 3.73s, pi heads, pi intake and gears? should be much faster. i thought u were having trouble with the heads? did you get that straightened out?

Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts