TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the serial/part numbers suppose to be ON the cams? i found some forsale and asked for the part numbers..and he said they werent on the cams?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Yup, unless they are ground off, in which case you'd have to measure the lobes.

Depends on the year of the cams though, but there should at least be #'s on the sprockets.

But there should DEFINETELY at least be serial #'s on them, unless they are ground off for some reason. (Like the damaged set i have laying around)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Andrew-L said:
they are 2001 cams..with bolt on sprockets...he said he will have pics on friday
How much is he asking?

I bought a set of corral.net for $150, then had an "ordeal" and ended up buying another brand new set from Dan Newman, since then, I've bought everything new from Dan, his prices are good and I know what I'm getting. I'm still just so PO'd about what happened to me.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i agree. i also got cams last fall that were packed horribly from a corral user. he packed them against each other end to end and the cam sprockets chewed the cams up. what an idiot. He did give my money back though. anyway, i just picked up another set 2 weeks ago from someone on modular depot for $90 shipped and they are mint. i just asked him to pack them so they had no chance of touching and he did.

Frank

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
fdawg97lx said:
i agree. i also got cams last fall that were packed horribly from a corral user. he packed them against each other end to end and the cam sprockets chewed the cams up. what an idiot. He did give my money back though. anyway, i just picked up another set 2 weeks ago from someone on modular depot for $90 shipped and they are mint. i just asked him to pack them so they had no chance of touching and he did.

Frank
Yup, I lost $150 on my deal, which was the same as yours. Guy would absolutely not work with me, and I coudln't any money back through paypal either, so I just ended up eating it.

Just have to make sure they are packaged VERY well, or in seperate boxes, I'd vote for seperate boxes. That is how mine came from Dan Newman.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet..good deal..im gettin em from a guy off of modular depot too..ill ask if he can ship in seperate boxes..still waiting on a serial number..or picture though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts