TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone,
I just want to be clear on the PI head conversion before I do all of this.
1) I can get a set of heads and intake off a 2003 Grand Marquis, are these the PI heads and intake that I can use on my 97 Tbird?
2) Can I use my timing gear cover from my 97 Tbird or do I have to get the 94/95 Tbird timing gear cover?
3) Can I use the 2003 Grand Marquis timing gear cover?
4) Rock Auto has a head gasket kit for a 2002 Grand Marquis for $165 and for the 2003 it is $197, the part #'s are different. Can I use the 2002 kit on a 2003 head or do I have to use the 2003 kit for the 2003 heads?
5) Is their any difference between the 2002 and the 2003 Grand marquis PI head?
6) If I have a choice between the 2002 or the 2003 heads, which one should I choose a 2002 set of heads or the 2003?
7) Can I reuse my head bolts or do I have to use new ones?
Thanks to everyone for everything so far I couldn't do all of this without you all.
Special thanks to MADMIKEY.
Thanks again Lexx007

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
1) Yes, PI heads and intake
2) no need to change the timing gear cover with a different one for a head swap
3) don't need to
4) I don't know
5) there shouldn't be any differences, but I don't know for sure
6) whichever ones fit your need, whatever are in better shape, few miles, best price
7) they are TTY (torque to yield) and are supposedly one time use, I wouldn't reuse them of I was doing a head swap

Good luck!

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Follow up

Sorry I just remembered:
1) By doing the PI head and intake swap, will this raise compression on my engine?
2) Can I still use regular gas or do I have to use premium from now on?
Thanks again, lexx007

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks Bangster, if you are ever in Florida at Disney World I will buy you a few beers.
Thanks, lexx007

·
Super Moderator
12,538 Posts
Mid-grade gas will work too. Just don't go racing with it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Also a good idea to have the computer re-tuned after installing the heads to make the most out of the new airflow and higher octane fuel.

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
Also a good idea to have the computer re-tuned after installing the heads to make the most out of the new airflow and higher octane fuel.
Yes,

I was running my stock tune due to my intake tube for my 80mm maf sensor ripped . Had the stock set up for a few months and its night and day , it feels like a 30hp difference between stock tune and a custom tune .

Really!

·
5,650 Posts
Has nothing to do with airflow. That is what the MAF sensor is there for after all. The PI heads have very different timing requirements than NPI heads, even more so with higher compression.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts