TCCoA Forums banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX Missing 4.6 MIssing Trans Red
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Got the crank installed the other day. Hoping to get the pistons and rods installed in the next couple days.

·
Super Moderator
13,156 Posts
What kind of clearances are you seeing?

·
Super Moderator
13,156 Posts
Thats in line with the 158k mi Teksid engine I'm building. If you look at the front of the block, you'll see a set of numbers that relates to the pistons'size for each cylinder. The teksid block is 2,2,2,2,3,2,2,2. So one piston is very slightly bigger than the rest. There were 3 sizes of oem piston. a 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 block is the smallest bores, and were selected for special uses.
That'll tell you how much they've worn.

Reactions: supergordo

·
SuperNewbie
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Thats in line with the 158k mi Teksid engine I'm building. If you look at the front of the block, you'll see a set of numbers that relates to the pistons'size for each cylinder. The teksid block is 2,2,2,2,3,2,2,2. So one piston is very slightly bigger than the rest. There were 3 sizes of oem piston. a 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 block is the smallest bores, and were selected for special uses.
That'll tell you how much they've worn.
Ill take a look for that in a bit. That’s interesting.

·
SuperNewbie
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I have a bare teksid in my shed. Ill have to look at that.

·
Super Moderator
13,156 Posts
There is a thread here somewhere There are other markings as well, but I've found no consensus about them. I think they may be bearing sizes.

·
Super Moderator
13,156 Posts
All the mod motors I've looked at have these marks.

·
SuperNewbie
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
All the mod motors I've looked at have these marks.
Ill have to dig in my shed to see my teksid block. The all 2's is the PI engine on the stand right now.

·
Super Moderator
13,156 Posts
I read somewhere about a special mark engine, and ford chose 11111111 blocks for the special engines. The difference in 123 pistons is a tenth of a mm each jump, iirc. It's in the helm manual.

Reactions: supergordo
41 - 60 of 104 Posts