TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone written a Tech Article for doing a PI Engine Swap? I have seen a couple "Vague" ones, but was hoping to find a more in depth article... Or if anyone in SoCal has done one, and wouldn't mind helping for a weekend????

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The PI Head Swap article is probably your best bet. Covers a lot of the other stuff you will need to buy besides your PI engine. Much more needed to do a 95.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Tim and I loosely started one focused on the Explorer engine into '94-95 cars, but it hasn't been completed. If you need specific information, you can feel free to PM me, TimB, Cam94, or Aaron K. I speak for all of us when I say we're always willing to help someone doing an engine swap!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys, I will need it. My motor should be arriving today, but I plan on rebuilding before I put it in, so it may be a month or so before I am ready to install. Palmguy, I will definately be bothering you on a daily basis!:D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Unless someone has found a way to adapt the cruise control from a 94-95, you will lose that with the swap. I was going to attempt to swap it with a 96 unit but have not done it - requires some rewiring.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
My 94-95 cruise control works just fine on my PI motor. Just cut the little red tip off the cable and you are good to go

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Pappy said:
Thanks for the help guys, I will need it. My motor should be arriving today, but I plan on rebuilding before I put it in, so it may be a month or so before I am ready to install. Palmguy, I will definately be bothering you on a daily basis!:D
Ya need any help wrenching on it and I'll try to give you a hand. Though the gate guards might look at me funny if I roll up with a Navy Sticker on my windshield and then ask for a visitors pass.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
timb said:
My 94-95 cruise control works just fine on my PI motor. Just cut the little red tip off the cable and you are good to go
Same here, although not PI motor but 96/7 upper (same thing)

Joe

BTW I am working on an article for a PI intake swap to a 94/5, a lot of that is what you will need I am assuming

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SanDiegoLXBird said:

Ya need any help wrenching on it and I'll try to give you a hand. Though the gate guards might look at me funny if I roll up with a Navy Sticker on my windshield and then ask for a visitors pass.
Lol SD, I am sure you will be fine. The MP's see alot stranger things come through that gate... :D I have never swapped a motor before so this should be an interesting adventure. I figured, Hell, I rebuild jet engines for a living, how hard could this be? That being said, if you would lend a hand SD, it would be greatly appreciated. I will be ready with cold ones in the fridge.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
timb said:
After eight years of owning the car, I have yet to actually USE the Cruise Control. I am thinking it won't be a problem if I lose it, but it would be good to keep it working in case I ever need it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whitecoug said:

Same here, although not PI motor but 96/7 upper (same thing)

Joe

BTW I am working on an article for a PI intake swap to a 94/5, a lot of that is what you will need I am assuming
Awesome Joe!, Will you be posting it in the tech articles section or on a private webspace? Let me know when its done!!

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Pappy said:

Lol SD, I am sure you will be fine. The MP's see alot stranger things come through that gate... :D I have never swapped a motor before so this should be an interesting adventure. I figured, Hell, I rebuild jet engines for a living, how hard could this be? That being said, if you would lend a hand SD, it would be greatly appreciated. I will be ready with cold ones in the fridge.

Just lemme know and I'll bring my toolbox.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Pappy said:

Awesome Joe!, Will you be posting it in the tech articles section or on a private webspace? Let me know when its done!!
I'll post it up here somewhere. It should been done soon, hopefully. It has been started.

Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts