TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering what's needed to swap any PI engine I to a 97 third? I know it has to be a romeo engine.
I have read that you need to swap front timing cover and other odds but does anybody have any exact info? I will rebuild the top end of the pi engine before install. Im in LA so pi engines are plentyful in the junkyards for CHEAP.
I haven't found info on exactly what to do. I'm picking up a crown Vic PI or a mustang.
I'd love to do a coyote swap but those motors go for about 2500$ for the 2nd gen. A PI goes for about 300 haha I have a Paxton 2200 I'd like to throw on top at one point.

Any help would be very appriciated!!

I can also pick up a 4v just as easily but I'm sure it's alot more labor intensive

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Start here:

This goes thru a PI swap, and a 4V swap, and a manual tranny swap.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,512 Posts
Define “second gen” Coyote? Other than a few running changes like eliminating the piston oil squirters from the earliest versions, consolidating some truck/Mustang parts differences and updates to the manifold I’m not aware of any major changes between 11-17. I’ve been reading a lot that the 18+ is more troublesome and best avoided if it’s considered gen 2.

I wouldn’t use my disjointed build thread as a guide, I gave it that title for a reason lol ? (OT I am slowly fixing the photobucket links when I’m bored!)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha I feel you on th Photobucket
2011-14 have the oil squirters and what you said.
2015-17 including the f150 have the boss 302 rods and also the heads are better than the boss 302. So the regular mustang and f150 have better heads and rode than the 1st Gen motors. All that's needed to turn an f150 to a mustang is swapping to an 18intake which is a mod 1stgen and 2nd gen guys do and the stock mustang GT intake games.
I've been doing slot of reading and my plan would be to grab a 2015 f150 slap a 2018 gt intake any gt intake can minus the 2018 it don't work.

Gt cams I mean only the intake the exhaust side are the same. I've seen a guy running this combo in a fox I think he's name is buttercup fox or something and he's running mid 10's with 4:56 gears and faceplates too I believe. I'm sure that motor in our birds would be a beast l. Not to even mention the 2nd gen coyotes can hold 10psi no problems which is about 600whp maybe more if you have e85 or something like that.
A man can dream!! In my area nobody has tbirds as clean as mine I always get compliments. Makes me wish I had the SC wheels!!

In the mean time I've been wanting to swap a PI and this Paxton I have for a little more kick. Also I've been reading on the new 6r80 swap and it's kick ass!! The first 3 gears make the stock 3:27's act like 4.10's which is great if you want the take off of 4.10s and the highway luxury of the 3.27

1 - 4 of 4 Posts