TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yes, that can be added. And not only that, but ALL PI heads are the same.. as in there is no right or left. The castings are identical. They don't become "right or left" until the cam, the tensioner, and other bolt on items are added. So they can be swapped right to left easily.
Wow, I would have never guess that at all.

Thanks for all the info, guys. I'll be using this article A LOT throughout the next few weeks :D

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Guys I have a PI intake 24# FIs 75MM BBK, C&L PL that I am going to be putting on in a few weeks I am not upgradeing to a bigger fuel pump at this time, Should I swap fuels rails & Injectors ? Please Dont flame me to bad if I was lame on the search button

Peanut lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello ThunderChecken, may i ask what vehicle and what year that intake came from?...reason i ask is because it looks as though it has 2 coolant sensor bosses already drilled on the coolant crossover...i was under the impression that ALL PI intakes only had 1 coolant sensor boss drilled from the factory....just trying to learn all i can before i tear into my PI engine swap!

·
Super Moderator
16,814 Posts
Hello ThunderChecken, may i ask what vehicle and what year that intake came from?...reason i ask is because it looks as though it has 2 coolant sensor bosses already drilled on the coolant crossover...i was under the impression that ALL PI intakes only had 1 coolant sensor boss drilled from the factory....just trying to learn all i can before i tear into my PI engine swap!
the explorer had 2 holes from the factory, however the rear heater outlet is plugged, most people drill and tap the crossover or swap it from an npi one.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
however the rear heater outlet is plugged

Matt were is this that you are talking about? Looking at my old one in the car there is one hose on the passgers side and my PI on the tpside has a place for it to go like the old one

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Guys getting there going to clean up the chrome fuel rails best I can , The injectors are a pit dirty if you ask me . think I should Clean / replace ? I am also putting in new bottom and top radiator hones new waterpump while I am there and my new valve covers

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Regarding the thermostat, if your car doesn't have an upgrade chip, stay with the stock thermostat (195º). If the engine computer doesn't know there's a 180º 'stat installed, the fan will continue to turn on at 195º (I think stock was 195º).

And should I not put in my 180 Stat ?

·
5,650 Posts
As long as the area where the nozzles spray fuel at the bottom is clean, you'll be fine. The outside doesn't matter.

And regarding the thermostat, I'm confused. Were you quoting something there? In any case, you should not put in a colder thermostat than the car is programmed for.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Thank you chris about the injectors . I found the Tstat part in a tread somewere, Just wondering if that is good or bad i have ever heard that before about a 180

·
5,650 Posts
It's not optimal with the factory fan settings and could interfere with closed loop operation. You get maximum benefit from the colder rated t-stat with a tune in conjunction with using colder range spark plugs. You can be a little more aggressive with timing with the engine running cooler.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
LoL well crap just orderred one from Jon LOL I will just told on to the 180 for down the road and just get a what 190-195 or so ?

·
5,650 Posts
Yup, just run 195* and stock range plugs until you program it for the other stuff. The programming in the computer is done around the engine running at a certain temperature, and using a different thermostat will just interfere with the computer's attempts to control it. Fuel injection is sensitive to these kinds of things unlike older cars.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Hmm Check the pics below just have the new ones laying over the old ones drivers side front X marks the spot ???

I guess the Pass Side looks good

There is a notable difference in the 2

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Guys do you agree that I Should replace the water pump being that i have it down this far. I have a new one still in the box with 0-ring. New FRP Blue Hoses on order as well

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
Well the water pump really isnt in the way when your doing the intake swap. But the water pump is really easy to change. Does your current pump have alot of miles? If so, I'd do it. The pump isnt expensive, and not hard to change. Easy work. :)

41 - 60 of 141 Posts