TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious about the cost of the PI heads and Intake and the horsepower gains. I just want to know what the gain is over stock. And are other parts need also like larger fuel injectors and throttle body or any other parts? I appreciate any and all information that cam be provided. Thanks.

Nick in St.louis

DK 57 Forever a St.Louis Cardinal

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
First go read the tech article on PI heads. It will give you costs and gains. My swap with all the extras (75mm TB, 24# injectors, MAF, ect) the cost will roughing be around $1500 or more. But I might go with P&Ped heads so thats about $800 more. It all depends on how far you want to go.

As far as gains from them, Depends on what you do. Some people are hitting 230RWHP and some are getting up to 260RWHP

·
Mushroom Stamp Layer
844 Posts
Who's hitting 260RWHP???

I think the numbers are closer to like 215RWHP-245RWHP....and that maily varies on whatelse has been done to the car...whether it was a motor swap vrs headswap (compression difference). BigScott had the highest HP numbers N/A but he also has a built motor with like 11:1 compression (maybe touch higher). DanU and my car were both at 240RWHP...MikeV was right around that too...touch higher possibly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
With a 01' GT engine, JBA headers, deleted 3rd cat and 3" pipe, underdrive pulleys, 70mm TB, 80mm L-MAF, K&N filter & heatshield, and a JW dyno tune I am putting out 228 at the rearwheels. I would say if you just swapped engines with no other mods - expect anywhere from 210 to 215 rwhp. If you take a stock T-bird 4.6L it will but out around 165 rwhp, so you are looking at about 50hp at the rearwheels. Later.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Then there's mine with the stock heads,a few bolt-ons,and 182K miles of "seasoning"...
JL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts