TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don't remember what else you would need to bolt it in (it's been years since I worked on a T-Bird) but I would definetly recomend buying some PI cams too. That will definetly help.

Preston

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Looks like the heads come complete with cams. If I had that kind of scratch I'd jump on it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
dont you need new valve covers? i never see them included in any of the kits...
also powerheads.com has pretty much the same kit and you can get PnP if your interested

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
if your going to do that you got to change to the 96-97 fuel line rails upperintake setup egr valve setup ect..... You might as well put a used explorer engine for that price

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yeah, I forgot about that. Since you have a 95 you basically have to make the top end of your engine into a 96-98 4.6 top end.

Preston

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Throttle body, accelerator cable, EGR valve, EGR tube, vacuum hoses, fuel rail, alternator bracket, intake tube. That's just off the top of my head. For that price you can buy a low milage PI motor that already has most of that.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Not worth it, better off swaping the whole engine. Buy a 2003 Explorer/Mountaneir and done deal, you'll spend the same amount of money that if you only change the heads and intake, plus, you'll reduce your weight by 75lbs.!

Israel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts