TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have PI heads on soon and got thinking about racing. People say that keeping the intake cool helps you out a lot. So i was thinking of ways to cool it. I found a nitrous kit that says 35-150hp kit nitrous express Part#: 20922

So I thought that i dont want to run a lot of nitrous. So stay with the 35hp shot just to give a slight boost and to mainly keep the intake cool.

So is this a good idea or a bad idea? Cuz i also figured that if i get to 250RWHP and add a 35hp shot, That would get me well into the 13's

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
As long as.....

your advance (total & curve) isn't "too" aggressive
and you have your A/F under control I don't see why it
wouldn't work.

Good luck,

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow im just full of good ideas lately. The only problem is I will get greedy and want to run the whole 150hp shot. :D

Mag, I think you respond to everyone of my posts, you or j-rob, Im guess he will respond in about an hour. :D

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Blackbird96, I don't know

what mods you have on your bird but don't count on a 35 HP shot getting you there unless you've done fairly extensive mods beforehand. Not saying it can't happen, but it will depend on what you've done so far. Good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK did you read all of the post there? I SAID if i get to 250RWHP The 35shot would put me well into the 13's.

Also I thought everyone thought I was putting PI's on? Well if you didn't I said it in the first post. And give the name of the subject. So if say 285RWHP doesn't put me into the 13's then I cant drive for poop. The 250RWPH will hopefully put me into the 13's

So people please stop questioning my mods. Im not crazy thinking a 35hp shot will put me into the 13's

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
BlackTbird96 said:
So people please stop questioning my mods. Im not crazy thinking a 35hp shot will put me into the 13's
Most percieved newbies are much less informed than you. You catch on TOO quick.

Your idea is sound, just be DAMN SURE you don't run lean.

Why is it always J-rob, Mager Thom (or me?) that responds?
See Why

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Yeah, I read it

and I don't know your mods, so put the heads on and the kit and just do it. Good luck.

·
Registered
230 Posts
13's??? Are you crazy??

Just kidding. That does sound like a good idea, but I am sure that you WILL get greedy!! ;) The 150 will be whispering in your ear....use me....use me...i can make you go faster!!! Good luck...Did you say you were going with PI heads?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you dont how my mods but if you read the post you would get an idea that i wont have a stock bird.

Wow im 5th in posts. But i got to say, magerthom, shadowdragon, greenbird, and j-rob got the best advise out there. Well maybe not the best but some good advise. :D

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea im going with pi heads, if i ever find any haha got most the stuff already. My plan is to have them on over labor day weekend.

Yea when i pull up to that viper on the road that 150 shot will be screaming in my ear. ummmm lets see, 250 + 150 = 400hp. hehehe Now i see more like 12's

If i had a honda i would be seeing 10's haha Just get out those yellow stickers

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bro...I was kidding...I read your post...

....Sorry...didnt mean to catch a nerve....I saw your post...Guess I should have made it a little more clear that I was kidding...

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Just one question......

BlackTbird96 said:
OK did you read all of the post there? I SAID if i get to 250RWHP The 35shot would put me well into the 13's.

Also I thought everyone thought I was putting PI's on? Well if you didn't I said it in the first post. And give the name of the subject. So if say 285RWHP doesn't put me into the 13's then I cant drive for poop. The 250RWPH will hopefully put me into the 13's

I have never used nitrous so I can't really talk about it...
but can you still be reasonably assured of getting even
cylinder distibution at that low a volume? (35)....I'm just
asking as I don't have a clue and I'm curious.

·
Registered
230 Posts
&%#...Im just not keeping up...just ignore me...

:rolleyes: Sorry...I didnt see the post before yours...I guess that I better just keep my piehole shut until I read everything.....LOL

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
now thats a good question. I dont know to much about nitrous either.

And you wonder why i have so many posts. just made about 6 in the last 5 mins

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
With a 35 HP shot....

you MAY get 25-27 to the wheels. With the right set-up and the PI heads you ought to run 13's, if you have your car set-up and I believe you do with the shot you may go 13.7's with traction. Good luck and end of discussion.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what if i only can do 13.8??? maybe i will get 13.45

Dont take is seriously, Im just messing with you. Are you running nitrous? if so what set-up do you got?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Hey Nick...don'tcha think your....

NickFL said:
:rolleyes: Sorry...I didnt see the post before yours...I guess that I better just keep my piehole shut until I read everything.....LOL
sig could use a litle punching up - seems a bit drab....
just kidding. :p

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Right now,

I'm taking everything pretty serious. Yeah, I got it and been running it for over 2 years. But I don't know nothin!!! Do your thing. I run NMRA Modular Motor MM#7030 and have run in the series for over three (3) years. Is mine the baddest ride around and am I the smartest person in the world, Doubt it but I can tell you a h****** lot about nitrous. I also see a lot of cars with the P.I's installed and know what they run so I am making my judgements on the set-up, traction and power not jus the power. No offense. You can run really fast if you can and want but all the **** power in the world won't do anything for you if you can't get it to the ground. Understand. Thanks and like i've said a couple times before, Good luck.

13.0's @ 104+ MPH

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
ok.... i really, honestly, dont know to take this thread seriously or not. maybe im just too tired but theres alot of confusion toward the top, middle and end of it. so heres my take on the subject.

strictly for cooling that shot isnt going to do alot for you only because you are still naturally aspirated. alot of guys will run a mild shot of nitrous to avoid detonation on blown cars, but you arent doing that. when it comes to nitrous when you are n/a its strictly for power, which is a good thing. theres no reason you cant touch 13s with a mild shot of nitrous and PI heads. mikeV is running 13.7's n/a with PI heads, so no, 13s isnt impossible. hes also getting around 250 rwhp.

the important thing is keeping your air/fuel at a good level. these arent the strongest short blocks in the world, but they also arent the weakest. several people are flirting with 400 flywheel hp on stock short blocks. the key is getting a good tune and not getting to aggressive with the shot.

my reco would be to throw away any jets that give you over 75hp. seriously put them right into the trash. ive seen people get greedy on the dyno and at the track. not pretty.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts