TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 4.6 from a crown vic P71. Mileage unknown, engine ran very well , but had a lower end knock. Good PI heads! The valve covers have been removed, but the engine has been covered and the heads are VERY clean under the valve covers. Attached to a 4R70W that was functioning fine prior to removal.

Also have a 1999 Natural Gas 4.6 from a CNG P71. (natural gas, vin 9) not a conversion, but a ford produced, dedicated natural gas vehicle. This engine has 66K miles on it. Natural gas engines are clean anyway, with this mileage, should be very clean inside. It's hard to find specs on this engine, but the information I have found tells me the NGV 4.6 only differs by the 10:1 compression ratio and of course the fuel system. Cylinder heads are supposed to be the same as a gasoline 4.6, that tells me the compression was gained with the pistons. I CANNOT ABSOLUTELY VERIFY THIS, SO PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND MAKE YOUR DECISION ACCORDINGLY. This is also attached to a 4R70W that was functioning prior to removal.

I am located in Amo, IN 46103. I would like $500 for both engines and transmissions. I do not want to part out at this point, but I may sell an eng/trans separately since they are still bolted together.

Please contact me with questions and I will try to answer them the best I can.
Thanks,
Brad 317-370-3899

Also may consider trades, Cars, Trucks, etc????

1 - 1 of 1 Posts