TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,

Anyone interested in low mileage PI heads for about 200 PLUS shipping? I can get about four sets and all are in good condition. I should have pics by next week. I dont have a mod motor, so I am just trying to offload these to buy parts for my SC!

These are complete heads with valves and cam..

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,367 Posts
Hmm... what did they come off of (out of curiosity)? I could be interested...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, I just checked and I cant sell them at 200.00 shipped.. I didnt know how heavy these heads are. How about 200.00 + shipping.

This does include a pair.

·
Super Moderator
9,367 Posts
Depends on how much shipping might end up being.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, shipping on these things are up there. I might be willing to split shipping with the buyer, but not totally pay for shipping. How much do these heads normally go for? i've seen then from 800 to 250 on ebay.

·
Super Moderator
9,367 Posts
A guy I bought a few parts from earlier this year offered me a set off an 04 Explorer for $250 + shipping.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
to ship a set of fully built heads costs around 100 bucks and then by the time you get them the shipper will have fubared them so bad they'll need to be rebuilt.

·
Super Moderator
9,367 Posts
Yeesh, didn't know it was that much...

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
yaeah heads are not cheap to ship at all think about how much deos each head weigh then x2 and that ends up being quite a bit of weight to move around.

·
Super Moderator
9,367 Posts
Well, I guess the headswap idea gets thrown back on the shelf for now. If I ever do buy a pair I think I'll relegate myself to local pickups or salvage yards.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Well, I guess the headswap idea gets thrown back on the shelf for now. If I ever do buy a pair I think I'll relegate myself to local pickups or salvage yards.
Shipping from Cali to us is expensive. On the other hand if the shipping is that big of an issue you don't want to take on this project ever. The head gaskets alone are almost $100,then you have to buy new bolts or studs, a PI intake,Timing chains and guides are probably wasted. Gotta put the mustang tube on that is almost $100, plus a nipple that is $10 and you better put a new waterpump on. There goes another $65 plus at least $20 for coolant.

On a side note I thought the minimum post for selling stuff was $50.
Alan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts