TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, hello, hello

Just wanted to throw a head swap question out there.

I know some other vehicles in the ford line up have PI heads. Newer Panther platform vehicles have them.

My question is:
Are they drastically different than PI Mustang GT heads, or are they EXACTLY the same (cams/valves, etc.).

I just wanted to ask because if i could find a cheap 4.6L from a newer panther vehicle....heh...may be a nother cheap way of getting things done to my '96.

and yes, i know the air filter is on the WRONG side of the motor. i figure i'd have to either buy a PI intake, or....something.

thanks for any help/responses

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I believe Ford calls all the 4.6L and 5.4L engines modular engine because most parts are interchangable. I believe all the heads are the same. (Well there is still the windsor heads and romeo heads) But I dont really know.

My guess would be that any newer 4.6L and 5.4L are PI heads

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlackTbird96 said:
I believe Ford calls all the 4.6L and 5.4L engines modular engine because most parts are interchangable. I believe all the heads are the same. (Well there is still the windsor heads and romeo heads) But I dont really know.

My guess would be that any newer 4.6L and 5.4L are PI heads

i did understand that ford used the name 'modualr' for a reason....but i did just want to double check. i dont want to go and buy heads from a crown vic or something and then find out that the cams are different from those of a mustang and end up short changing myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts