Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the hands of the man Mr RobertP :)

Engine Dropped waiting on heads to come back from the face lift

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this one come together!

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And found out that this engine has been rebuilt & bored about .020 Who New ????

I did not :eek: !!!!!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
With 10.5.1 compression this should be nice, but just remeber you will need gears

Robert

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
With 10.5.1 compression this should be nice, but just remeber you will need gears

Robert
Will do Robert .That will be the next project just for fun next June :D Also parts are in FedEx hands you will receive tomorrow..2 gals in parts box & 1 gallon is in the trunk

also I have read that one does not want a high compression on a boost engine . I guess it all balances out lower boost for higher compression engines

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
should have got 2 galons but oh well, it will be close

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Will do Robert .That will be the next project just for fun next June :D Also parts are in FedEx hands you will receive tomorrow..2 gals in parts box & 1 gallon is in the trunk

also I have read that one does not want a high compression on a boost engine . I guess it all balances out lower boost for higher compression engines
it all depends on exactly how much boost you're running and whether or not you can control cylinder pressures

an ice-water intercooled SC setup with 100+ octane race fuel + methanol injection will be able to tolerate more timing than the same SC setup using no intercooler on 93 pump gas with less compression....catch my drift? :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I have that same blower that will be mnaking its way onto my 10.5:1 compression motor very very soon. I was skeptical at first, but Rob as well as others have reassured me it wont be a problem. Good luck with the build I look forward to seeing the finished product.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
1 day turn around time ain't bad if I do say so my self

·
Registered
332 Posts
What all did you have done with heads? Are you using PI cams?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
yes they are pi cams, pi heads just had them totally reworked shaved, valves ground new seals the whole 9 yards

Robert

1 - 20 of 1105 Posts