TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some pi heads from my friend today and when I pulled them out of the boxes I could tell they didn't come off the same motor. I was doing some reading in the stickies and found that they are both Windsors but one is the early Xl3E casting and the other is the 2L1E casting with 5.4L on it. My question is it OK to run these together or should I try to find a matching head? One also has a cam with a press on gear and the other has a bolt on, I haven't got the part numbers off of them yet. I bought them sight unseen along with a bullitt intake and throttle body for $60 so I figured I couldn't go wrong. Thanks for any input.

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
I bought some pi heads from my friend today and when I pulled them out of the boxes I could tell they didn't come off the same motor. I was doing some reading in the stickies and found that they are both Windsors but one is the early Xl3E casting and the other is the 2L1E casting with 5.4L on it. My question is it OK to run these together or should I try to find a matching head? One also has a cam with a press on gear and the other has a bolt on, I haven't got the part numbers off of them yet. I bought them sight unseen along with a bullitt intake and throttle body for $60 so I figured I couldn't go wrong. Thanks for any input.
The intake alone makes it worth waaaaay more than 60 bucks. Even if the heads are junk it was a great buy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You scored the deal of this decade on the bullitt intake.

The one head with 1L2E is a romeo. All windsors have press on sprockets.
The casting number is 2L1E. The intake and TB is in great shape the only problem its missing the upper Plenum. I have been looking but haven't been able to locate an upper yet.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Regardless. Count the valve cover bolts. Its best to find another romeo head. Good luck on finding the upper for the bullitt. I doubt anyone is gonna let one go if it's part of a complete intake. You'd have better luck having one welded up, lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Regardless. Count the valve cover bolts. Its best to find another romeo head. Good luck on finding the upper for the bullitt. I doubt anyone is gonna let one go if it's part of a complete intake. You'd have better luck having one welded up, lol.
I counted the valve cover bolt on the heads and there are 12. I had thought about fabbing something up. I was looking at the trickflow trackheat manifolds and they upper plenum looks similar to the bullitt. I wonder if it would be possible with a little Fab to make one work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts