TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Amateur Expert
1,662 Posts
95tbirdguy said:
Would the Pi heads and intake from a 5.4L ford van fit the motor in my mn12?
I'm almost certain the intake will not work, but the heads will bolt on. Truck/van intakes are usually aluminum and they have a different configuration than the passenger cars do.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
The heads will work. They are the same as the 4.6L. But the intake will NOT fit a 4.6L.

Since we are on the subject... I have searched high and low and I have not found a low profile van intake. If it did exist it was in a limited run for 2000-20001 and for the E350. This run would have been only a month or so. To be honest I think it is the holy grail!!!

Here is a picture of a 5.4L van intake:

The bottom half is exactly the same as the truck intake. The elbow on top goes the wrong way and is in fact a little lower than the stock truck elbow. You are better off getting a truck intake and porting it like Leland did.

The 5.4L MN12 group has been assisting HPM in a design of a new intake. Allot of our ideas are in the 4.6L version to be completed soon. I even sent them the Van Intake that I wasted $20 on from E-bay. They cut it apart for inspection. The intake they are building is promising to say the least. I doubt the 5.4L version will be ready for at least a year...

I have given up my search for the 5.4L van intake. Plus after more than five (5) years I am getting a little tired of my old set-up. So I will make my own intake. It will be cool to find out which intake is better mine or the Future HPM intake???

In the past I posted stuff like that here but due to recent BS and bashing I will post all my updates at GM vs Ford. Be advised that in order to keep the peace I will NOT field ANY questions here. So if you have a questions please come over the GM vs Ford.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
5.4 PI Van heads will work huh? hhmmmm I may know exactly where I can pick up a set of those!

J.Miller. I've got a Van Intake from a 5.4. My dad sells them and this was just sitting there. I had planned on selling it on Ebay, but I could send some pics if you want to take a look at it. It is as you described, but looks a little different than the pic. Interested?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts