TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ATTENTION: Does anyone have a PI intake gasket that I could have or borrow....A freind of mine has a CNC machine and other machines of the sort and I am going to try and build an aadapter for the PI to NPI setup. Anyhelp on the subject would be great.

Edit: I am also guaging interest for who would want them. I know that lavernoirs (sp) is selling a kit with all the parts but as of now I don't think they are selling the adapters only. If they do then this project will probably fall through but I don't think they plan on sellinf just the adapter.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that was my plan. Along with the cnc machine he has a whole CAD setup to design it. I am going to use the NPI and PI gasket to make the adapter. And I have an extra set of head to make sure they fit. On the bottom it will be the NPI gasket holes and it will flow to the PI gasket holes on the top. I just need the PI gasket to make sure that it is exact on the top.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
how much will these adaptors cost?

Frank

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well......I am planning on making a set for me then if the interest is high enough produce some for the public. It just depends on how much it costs me in material and labor for my freind to machine the adapters. As soon as I get a set of gaskets then I will work on price.

Does anyone know how much they are at ford or where the cheapest place I can buy them at?

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
loopyj22 said:
Well......I am planning on making a set for me then if the interest is high enough produce some for the public. It just depends on how much it costs me in material and labor for my freind to machine the adapters. As soon as I get a set of gaskets then I will work on price.

Does anyone know how much they are at ford or where the cheapest place I can buy them at?
well i am definitly interested in one so keep me in mind. any idea how much they might possibly cost? like a rough estimate? i dont have the slightest idea what something like this would cost. like $50? $150? $250?

Frank

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm retarded. When I originally posted I was extremely tired and wasn't realy thinking. I am going to pick up a set from ford tomorrow and get right on making the adapters.

Frank - I have no idea on the price. I don't want to assume on price until I find out how much it will cost to make one. I will post as soon as I know.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
ok thanks

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
And they are the same for the right and left bank, you just rotate it 180 deg to make it fit the other side.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
YL3Z-9439-BA (set) Intake Manifold Gaskets ($13.86)

·
Registered
615 Posts
cassidy if all works out well put me on the list. 20HP for about a $100 seems like a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got the gaskets today and I talked to my freind and he says that it is something that he could do fairly easily so I will update as soon as there is more ifno

·
Registered
748 Posts
WEll this deffinately sounds interesting. THe PI intakes are way better than the NPI's. So to have the ability to mate a PI intake to NPI/SVO heads ( I have SVO's ) and clear a stock hood may be a route I might take....especially since I can't afford the SVO intake yet at $1,600.....when they're available.

Of course guys here will say if you're gonna go PI intake.......do PI heads also to get the most performance. I don't neccessarily agree with that. I'm not gonna go into a long explanation as to why.......but if I had to choose......I'll go P&P'd NPI heads everytime......and throw a PI intake on it with a good adaptor.........that may make some good power. Keep us posted on it......and if it's doable and/or you need some pre orders...........count me in!!!!!!!!!

Slowride

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I'm interested in these plates. Keep me posted.

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Slowride said:
WEll this deffinately sounds interesting. THe PI intakes are way better than the NPI's. So to have the ability to mate a PI intake to NPI/SVO heads ( I have SVO's ) and clear a stock hood may be a route I might take....especially since I can't afford the SVO intake yet at $1,600.....when they're available.

Slowride
Yeah, not to mention an adapter plate that could cost about half what the livernois kit does.

Pete

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
man i think loopyj22 is gonna be bling-blinging if he can get these done at a reasonable price, IE: < 1/4 of Livernois please :D ......charge the NPI stangs @ stangnet and corral all you want, but keep it low for us MN-12ers :D

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
just curious what is the levernois price?

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Livernois wants 650 for their kit, which has the intake that's been modified for the dual temperature readouts, the plates, NPI and PI gaskets, and the heater hose.

I talked to the engineering lab dirrector to try and see if I could use our CNC to make a set, but he said that the mill won't make parts bigger than 16" long. Oh well...

But, he did say that if I can get the part drawn up in CAD, I can use our mill software to do the setup for the part. Then, he said that all I need to do is bring the disk to one of the local machine shops that can do it and they can knock them out in no time. I asked him how much he thought it would cost, and he said "It's on an hourly basis if you do all the preliminary work, and aluminum goes fast in a CNC mill...I'd expect around $100 or $150 per set of plates."

I'd say Loopie's target price is right on if you get the CAD blueprints and mill setup done for cheap. Or, if I can get that done and see what a local shops will charge, I'll let you all know if the cost is higher than expected.

Pete

1 - 20 of 119 Posts