TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting in a box back in my shipping department.. waiting on a few other parts then I'll load that stuff up into my car...

I believe i'm going to try and do the swap tomorrow, I should have time.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I'm picking mine up tomorrow as well, and then driving straight to the dyno to get some numbers before I put it on. Stay tuned.....

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rich95XR7 said:
I'm picking mine up tomorrow as well, and then driving straight to the dyno to get some numbers before I put it on. Stay tuned.....
I won't have a chance to dyno before and after..maybe after... but I also have PI cams too.. and I haven't dyno'd since those were put in.

The only dynojet in town is owned by a moron, and he's not going anywhere near my car.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My weekend...

For 97 owns you just need the gaskets, intake and that tube you see in the pic, which is the coolant tube.

You can also see my 180 t-stat and my 22c plugs that I need to get in there yet too.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still trying to figure out my best route for getting that coolant sensor hole drilled. I might just drill/tap it myself without a press... or i might just splice it... not sure yet...

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
i saw on an Ebay auction that the PI aluminum Xover has a specific part # (RF-1L2E-80368-AA)....i don't know how true this is, but maybe the revised NPI intake has a seperate part # for the Xover with the holes for dual sensors? ....of course drillling and tapping would probably be cheaper, but its just a heads-up for those who might wanna look into this

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
guitar maestro said:
i thought you were supposed to use NPI gaskets?...at least that's what i thought i read at MD
Yeah you are... I just took those pics after I took those out of the box... well ****... Dan sent me the wrong ones. That sucks. But it's my mistake, I never really told him which ones I needed. Not a big deal, gaskets are a minor thing price wise.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aaron K. said:
Intake gaskets are reuseable...just be careful when you remove your NPI manifold.
Yeah, but you shouldn't. I'll just go to the local Ford dealer and get ripped off. Not much of a choice I guess. Not worth risking anything over $15 in parts.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
chrisnack said:

Yeah, but you shouldn't. I'll just go to the local Ford dealer and get ripped off. Not much of a choice I guess. Not worth risking anything over $15 in parts.
Shouldn't what?
Reuse intake gaskets?
They're designed to be re-used and it's not an issue.I'm using the original intake gaskets that were on my car when it left Ford's assembly plant.
And I'm on the third different intake manifold.
JL

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Johnny Langton said:

Shouldn't what?
Reuse intake gaskets?
They're designed to be re-used and it's not an issue.I'm using the original intake gaskets that were on my car when it left Ford's assembly plant.
And I'm on the third different intake manifold.
JL
I've always heard that you should re-use them. Guess it's just another one of those myths.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Mine is just going to get set to the side for a little while, until the heads are finished, and I order the Comp Cams. I'm not really in a hurry, just gathering parts, and trying to get this new shop to work in, so I'm not limited by their hours.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I've "had" mine for about 4 days now, I've been too lazy to drive to Joe Cooper to pick it up, but I'll get there tomorrow morning, since I don't have to work.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
chrisnack said:
Still trying to figure out my best route for getting that coolant sensor hole drilled. I might just drill/tap it myself without a press... or i might just splice it... not sure yet...
Does the PI intake need to be drilled for a 1995 T-bird or is that just for '96-'97?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
4point6r0x0rz said:
Does the PI intake need to be drilled for a 1995 T-bird or is that just for '96-'97?
Any pre 99 4.6 will have 2 coolant sensors, 99 and up only has one. So yeah, any Tbird will need that hole drilled.

Although I believe Crown Vics had one from 98 up.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts