TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a pi intake(already is setup for direct swap) , and I was just gonna use the haynes manual to switch it, but from what i've read I should use some rtv or gasket maker on a certain line or connection. Could I get some more info on that, thanks. Sorry if this maybe a repost

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
if your not using PI to NPI adapters like the livernois piece than you need rtv around the front passenger side coolant port (small sharp triangle) and rear drivers side coolant port (small sharp triangle) also you need PI intake gaskets, as well as the PI coolant tube and nipple (although if you search many people have rigged together different techniques on the tube)

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I almost forgot get the PI alternator bracket!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just cut my old bracket.

And made slots out of the existing holes. And just drilled a new one. Because I
was never going to use that thing again if I didn't. I also chamfered the outboard sides of all the ports into a kind-of-sort-of port match by making a quick template from the new pi manifold. I also filled the gasket alignment holes with JBW and razor sliced off the excess. Plug the ports well and have a shop vac handy.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I don't think the difference in the bracket is PI or NPI, I think the difference is metal crossover or plastic. Im using the same Alternator bracket on my PI intake that was on my NPI intake, and both of them had/have aluminum crossovers. I bought a bracket for the PI Intake, but it didn't fit so I tried the old bracket. It did.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The difference in the brackets is because of the aluminum crossover. The bracket bolts into holes in the aluminum crossover which puts them closer to the alternator. The brackets for the aluminum crossover are the same for the PI vs. NPI. How it bolts to the alternator may be different. Later alternators have 2 bolts, 96-97 Tbird may not be the same. The plastic crossover has studs further back. You should be able to drill new holes in your plastic crossover bracket to fit the aluminum crossover. If you want it to look completly stock, spend $15 for a new one from Jon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts