TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an intake off of an 03' Crown Vic from the Upullit junkyard. I got everything from the intake up except for the fuel injectors and EGR for $55.... not a bad deal. Just have a couple of questions that I searched for but couldn't find the answers too (maybe didn't look hard enough?).

1. Is there anyway I can use the throttle body off of the CV or my original TB on this intake with my set up? Or will I have to find a 96-97 throttle body?
2. EGR blockoff's recommended? Opinions?
3. The heater hose under the manifold needs to be replaced if I read correctly. Which application is the best fit for this?
4. I read about the extra coolant temp sensor. Any other alternatives to tapping a new bung for the temp sensor?

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,524 Posts
I picked up an intake off of an 03' Crown Vic from the Upullit junkyard. I got everything from the intake up except for the fuel injectors and EGR for $55.... not a bad deal. Just have a couple of questions that I searched for but couldn't find the answers too (maybe didn't look hard enough?).

1. Is there anyway I can use the throttle body off of the CV or my original TB on this intake with my set up? Or will I have to find a 96-97 throttle body?

You can flip it around to the other side and it will function the same as the 96/7 style

2. EGR blockoff's recommended? Opinions?

If you get a tune for it, they are fine. I'd recommend keeping egr and finding a 96/7 egr tube though.

3. The heater hose under the manifold needs to be replaced if I read correctly. Which application is the best fit for this?

99-04 mustang or 01+ crown vic tubes work, you also need the water pump nipple.

4. I read about the extra coolant temp sensor. Any other alternatives to tapping a new bung for the temp sensor?

You can use the aluminum crossover from an npi intake, otherwise there is no other option (DO NOT USE A T FITTING).

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

You also need 96/7 fuel lines and rails (96-98 crown vic rails work too if you flip them around). You'll need a few dozen misc vacuum lines, some wiring pigtails for the tps and iac, and the throttle cable.

Thanks,
Brandon
Answers in bold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts