TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have a picture or good description of where the coolant tube bolts to the passenger's side head? Hard to see back there.

Which is better: Ultra black or ultra copper RTV?

Thanks,
Joe

Edit changed intake tube to coolant tube.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The intake tube is not bolted down. There is only a hose clamp at each end.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I was really tired when I posted this.

Yeah the tube that runs under the intake manifold. I meant to type coolant tube not intake tube. Supposed to be held on by 2 10mm bolts.

Joe

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
ultra copper rtv

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
It is attached to the rear of the drivers side head. on my 97 the bolt hole was used for the big bundle of wires attaching point with a christmas tree taped to the bundle. I used the bolt that held the original NPI tube to the passenger side head, and I used a different bolt hole for the wiring harness.

I could try to go and take a picture, pretty tight back there.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks. I will look for the bolt holding the wires in place. If you are able to get a picture that might help. Did you have to disconnect the hoses for the heater core or the egr tube to get to those bolts?

Joe

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
No way I can get a picture, there is only a few inches between the back of the head and the firewall, even with macro settings there is no way to make out what is what.

Nope, I didn't disconnect the heater hoses or the EGR. DPFE maybe since I think that is held by one of the bolts for the stock coolant tube (maybe I bought a new one to match it, I don't remember) and moving the wiring.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks everyone. I'll be working on it tonight. Got the intake out just need to do that tube, water pump, and nipple.

Joe

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does the coolant line share the same bolt as the DPFE bracket? Thats all I can see and those are 12mm not 10mm like I saw in one of the write ups.

Joe

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does the coolant line share the same bolt as the DPFE bracket? Thats all I can see and those are 12mm not 10mm like I saw in one of the write ups.

Joe
Ok got it off.

The bracket does in fact share the same bolt as the DPFE bracket. All 13mm. Take the lower nut off of the stud then the upper bolt. Once the DPFE bracket is out of the way remove the lower stud that connects the coolant line bracket to the head.

I went ahead and pulled the 2 lines off of the DPFE to get it and the bracket completely out of the way.

Joe

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Ok got it off.

The bracket does in fact share the same bolt as the DPFE bracket. All 13mm. Take the lower nut off of the stud then the upper bolt. Once the DPFE bracket is out of the way remove the lower stud that connects the coolant line bracket to the head.

I went ahead and pulled the 2 lines off of the DPFE to get it and the bracket completely out of the way.

Joe
I was going to tell you that but it looks like you found it on your own

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah figured it out, thanks.

Am I understanding correctly that the new PI line does not bolt to the car at all. It just connects directly to the PI nipple and then to the coolant line.

Joe

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finished this morning about 6AM. Thanks for everyones help.

Joe

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
let us know how u like the results...

u got the pi cams yet? those are a really noticable difference...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
let us know how u like the results...

u got the pi cams yet? those are a really noticable difference...
I'm very happy with the results on the street especially at 2500+ rpm. I was hoping for a bigger improvement at the track. However I think my car has other issues resulting in slightly slower track times.

I don't have the PI cams yet.

I bolted mine to the drivers side head. How do you keep pressure on the PI nipple otherwise? Wouldn't it just pop off?
You know that didn't occur to me but I doubt it would fall off. To be safe I will bolt it to the driver side head assuming there is a mounting point there. I don't remember reading this in any of the PI intake swap articles I read.

Joe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts