1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the guy's on here who have performed the PI intake swap
did you reuse the stock t-bird t-stat housing/waterneck or did you
buy a PI T-stat housing/waterneck. Because I called Dan and he said
there are several t-stat/waterneck part#s which do I get?

I was checkin out my parts and the bolt holes on the stock NPI t-stat/waterneck
are way larger because the npi intake has the plastic crossover with these
spacers that insert into the t-stat/waterneck and the alum PI crossover
just has a flat surface no spacers to insert.

I tried to explain this as good as I could......I'm sure the guy's who did this
swap know what I am talking about.

Steve 4.6L

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
You will want to use the 96/7 Bird/Cat waterneck, I'm not sure if the stang's is the same or not. You will also want to use the bolts for a pi motor. That is what I did, and it works fine.

Joe

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
whatever.. i just reused the npi stockers

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I used the '02 explorer one with my stock hose. I had to do a little pulling to make it reach though. My stock '94 one one wouldnt fit because the plastic intake required the housing to have these huge holes in it, which the '94 did not have.
-Rob

EDIT: forgot to mention...the explorer one is pointed a little more to the drivers side than the thunderbird one. Not that it matters :) Just info that it works!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I don't know if the 94/95 is different than the 96/97, but I re-used my 95 waterneck. I just had to buy an extra o-ring. One under the t-stat and one above. That's what several people who have done the swap told me to do and it has worked very well.

·
Administrator
14,230 Posts
the 94/95 isn't as deep sealing as the 96+ Double O ring would work, but I just used a 96 water neck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.